Chapter 18: Real Life

An ambulance arrives, and both Kensi and Deeks get in the back with their unconscious daughter. Callen tries to convince Kensi and Deeks to stay, or to at least talk, but they refused. Sam puts Kessler in the back of his car after putting handcuffs on him and having the paramedics bandage up his leg. He takes Kessler to the boatshed, where he's interrogated, and Callen tries to find out information from Kensi and Deeks when they get to the hospital.

After Kessler was interrogated, he was sent back to county prison, but this time in a much confined space, completely brick walls and an iron door so that he couldn't get out

After Kessler was interrogated, he was sent back to county prison, but this time in a much confined space, completely brick walls and an iron door so that he couldn't get out. He was given a life sentence, therefore Kensi, Deeks and Athena were safe.

Back in the hospital, Kensi and Deeks sat in the waiting room, staring hopelessly through the window of the room their daughter was in, with all of the doctors trying to help her.

Nurse: "Mr and Mrs Deeks?"

D: *turning from the window and moving his hair out of his face* "please, please tell me something good..."

Nurse: "please take a seat..."

Kensi and Deeks sat down nervously in the chairs in the waiting room next to the nurse.

K: "what is it?"

Nurse: "okay. The good news is that your daughter will fully recover. However, the bad news is that she will need a lot of recovery time, but she's a fighter"

Kensi and Deeks looked at eachother and smiled.

K: "can we see her?"

The nurse took Kensi and Deeks into Athenas room, and they stood and stared into the crib where she was laying sound asleep, with a few bandages and cuts along her body. Kensi and Deeks smiled down and hugged eachother, both crying.

A short while later, Athena woke up. She started to babble a few words, when Sam, Callen, Nell, Eric, Hetty, Granger, Rountree and Fatima all walk in.

K: "oh my gosh, you all came!"

H: "we had to come and check on you, after what happened today"

D: "yeah, uhh, sorry about that...."

G: "I hope you both realise what mess you've caused!"

Kensi and Deeks stared at eachother, when Hetty hit Granger on the arm.

H: "oh Owen, lighten up will you! They're alive aren't they!?"

C: "seems like we haven't lost the fun then. How's little one doing?"

K: "well, the nurse said it's going to be a long recovery, but she should make a full one"

Deeks turned around and picked Athena up out of the crib. He sat down on the chair and placed her on his lap. She sat up, and put her arms up around Deeks' hair, tugging on it slightly. Deeks used his hand to scruff up her hair, and she giggled.

N: "you guys look so cute, she has your hair Deeks!"

D: "she has Kensi's nose too" he said, tapping her nose.

Athena: "da da da da da"

Everyone stopped and stared.

S: "she- she just spoke right?"

Kensi and Deeks smiled.

Athena: "da da"

K: "no, no baby it's pronounced 'ma ma', not 'da da' *crossing her arms*"

E: "AWWWWWW!! SHE SPOKKKEEE!!!!"

K: "she did!"

Deeks picked up Athena and hugged her, when the nurse came in telling them that they could go home. The team all headed off home, Kensi, Deeks and Athena going back home.

D: *opening the door* "pretty long day huh"

K: "yeah, I just wanna sleep"

Kensi put Athena into her crib, she was sound asleep as she fell asleep in the car. Kensi and Deeks went off to the bedroom, falling into each others arms. They kissed lightly, fell onto the bed, and fell asleep.

Meanwhile, Rountree and Fatima were in the armoury putting their guns away.

R: "fancy a drink?"

F: "oooh, agent rountree, are you buying?"

R: "anything for you, partner"

Rountree and Fatima were just another story, they were only just getting started :)

A/N: Thank you for reading guys! I hope you enjoyed this fan fic! And that's right, me and laurendance12  are writing a #Fountree fan fic! If you wanna read it, make sure to head over to her page to go and check if there's new chapters :)

A/N: Thank you for reading guys! I hope you enjoyed this fan fic! And that's right, me and laurendance12 are writing a #Fountree fan fic! If you wanna read it, make sure to head over to her page to go and check if there's new chapters :)

Update; 1.18k READS ALREADY! IN LIKE- SIX DAYS!? oh my god THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE LOVE! I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH AND I HOPE YOUVE ALL ENJOYED THE STORY! let me know if you want me to write another, maybe neric, densi, foumtree, maybe a lil granger and Hetty bliss 😂 😮 anyway thank you so much, I love you guys!