Chapter 4: David Who?

It was early one morning that Kensi received a call from Operations Manager Hetty Lange. She was told to make her way to ops, as a case is recalled - after an inmate had demanded to speak to Kensi. Although Deeks had lost his job and no longer had any association with NCIS nor LAPD, and wasn't generally allowed back into ops, he went with Kensi anyway to make sure that she was okay. And of course, he was with her every step of the way.

From there on, Kensi was ordered to meet Kessler to see what he wanted- to avoid a threat towards her and her job

H: "Agent Blye, a case has come back from the past... and I'd like you to take it on board"
K: *crossing her arms* "uh... okay... should I be concerned?"
H: "well, not really, but take things slow. For your own safety."
Kensi turned to look at the screen confused, until she realised who it was.
K: "is that- David Kessler!? Hetty this is a bad idea... This guy- he's a psychotic convict who has been obsessed with me since day 1, possibly way before! He tried to rape me!"
H: "that's why I said to take it slow. Whatever he wants, just do what he says, we are under threat by this man."
G: "His fellow inmate has just been released and now they are on a mission to hunt us down"

Kensi had once arrested Kessler in her early NCIS tryout days, and he's been a prisoner since- she jailed him for 30 years - and he's a "Kensi Superfan"

Kensi had once arrested Kessler in her early NCIS tryout days, and he's been a prisoner since- she jailed him for 30 years - and he's a "Kensi Superfan". The case caught Hetty Lange's eyes, therefore Hetty kept Kensi on the team to keep her safe. However, Kensi didn't know what made Hetty think she would keep her on the team, until this day came.

G: "don't worry, you'll be accompanied by the CIA guards, so you won't be alone"
D: "I should go.... she's not safe with this man!"
K: "I'll be fine, Deeks"
H: "and as for you Mr Deeks, you need to finish packing up your things from your desk, and you can't be in here"
D: "Hetty, this is serious... She's my wife! And that's a weirdo... criminal... whatever you wanna call it- you can't let her do this on her own!"
G: "mr Deeks I'm sure Mrs Blye can speak for herself... I suggest you leave."
K: "Deeks please, I can handle this... I arrested Kessler and helped prosecute him right before he joined the Office of Special Projects."
H: "Correct Mrs Blye, that's what bought you to this team. I was keeping you safe and I thought you did an exceptional job"

Deeks walked out of ops slapping his arms down beside him, and Kensi makes her way down to the armoury, where she met Deeks.

Meanwhile, Sam and Callen were out on another mission trying to catch the missing released criminal. Deeks continues to worry, but Kensi still tries to reassure him that everything is going to be okay, but he still doesn't agree.

D: "Isn't this the guy who used to send you those creepy Valentine's every year to the DC office?"K: "Yep, I had them stop forwarding them to me years ago,"

K: "Yep, I had them stop forwarding them to me years ago,"

Kensi tells her other half who's clearly not happy with the plan. Sam and Callen butt in to go over Kensi's plan and Kessler's demands. Of course, Deeks tries to convince them to let him go with Kensi as she was heading to Arizona, but the others remind him that he's no longer part of the team. But little did Kensi know that she was in great danger, and Deeks was right...