Chapter 1: A Rough Start

A/N: Before you read this, this is total fan fic! Some scenes are taken from the show and some is just plain made up, however the story is complete! I hope you enjoy and if you do, please share and vote! Thank you!

Before joining NCIS, Kensi Blye, a Junior Field Special Agent, was engaged to a marine named Jack Simon. Their relationship ended after finding out that Kensi was unable to have children, as they were hoping of starting a family together. Kensi tried to be there for him because she still loved him, but all of her efforts weren't enough. This lead to Jack's subsequent disappearance, as he left without even telling her.

K: "I'm sorry Jack, look please don't leave I-"
J: "I don't care what you think! You failed me and... and now what am I supposed to do!?"
K: "I still love you! You can't just leave! We can keep trying or..."
J: "or what!? Wait too long? Keep trying if it is never going to happen!?"
K: "it will! We can go to a clinic, or just hope for the best... or consider adoption!"
J: "adoption?"
K: "y-yes... if things are gonna be this way then this is the way to go..."
*Jack turns around and walks up the stairs to the bedroom without saying a word*
K: "Jack- JACK!"

"*Jack turns around and walks up the stairs to the bedroom without saying a word*K: "Jack- JACK!"

*the following day*
J: "I- I gotta go to work... I'll see you when I come back..."
K: "okay... have a nice trip, send me pictures!"
J: *smiling slightly* "yeah"
*Jack leaves the house while Kensi is sobbing*

Jack went away for war, and when he came back he wasn't the same person. But little did he know that since he'd been gone, Kensi found out that she was with child! She was so happy yet so sad, as she knew that her child was most likely to grow up without a dad. But of course, Kensi called Jack to tell him the news.

*phone ringing*
K: "Jack? Are you there?"
J: "k- Kensi? Is that you?"
K: "hey... *smiling* yeah it's me... I have something to tell you"
J: "I'm kind of busy... can you call later?"
K: "no- not really, it's quite urgent..."
J: "Kensi look, I know this might sound harsh but I really have to go, I'm so stuck behind at work I haven't even got on the 2nd plane and I'm still packing m-.."
K: "I'm pregnant-.."
J: "y- you- I'm sorry what!?"
K: "I'm having a baby Jack..."
*Jack hangs up the phone in complete shock and orders and emergency flight home*

"*Jack hangs up the phone in complete shock and orders and emergency flight home*

When Jack returned from war, everything had changed. Not only did Kensi have a miscarriage after 8 months of trying, but she was told during her last scan that this could have been her only chance to have a child. She was told that it would be extremely hard for her to have any children, and when Jack returned, he expected to have a gorgeous, healthy baby. When he found out, it sent him over the edge. Jack had already been suffering from PTSD from Iraq, along with blaming Kensi for the loss of the baby, then he called off the wedding and left. He never returned.

This left Kensi feeling broken and sad. She knew that if she didn't do something with her life to distract herself, she wouldn't make it much longer. In early 2006, Kensi decided to move to LA to work for NCIS, as her dad had given her training beforehand - when he was alive 9 years prior.
——————————
Kensi's father, Donald Blye, was a marine and was part of a special operations unit. He died trying to protect an American journalist named Brad Stevens who was about to expose Chief Peter Clairemont - of the unit- who had killed a civilian while intoxicated.
———————————
Kensi was soon put on the NCIS Special Projects Team as a Junior Field Agent. The case that caught her Supervisor's attention, Hetty Lange, has come back to haunt Kensi...