Chapter 10: Week 3 at the ALDC - part 2

Lol sorry this is in 2 parts, but it's soooooo long, so I had to, just for the sake of your eyes and mine. I'm doing Paige and Kendall's POVs, so that's fun. Anyways, enjoy Thursday, Friday, and Saturday!

*Thursday*

"Girls, let's run the group! Maddie, you have a hip hop private in Studio C with Gianna!" Everyone else, in Studio B with me!" Abby shouts. Everyone else gets their half-soles, and Mackenzie gets her tutu as well. I grab my hip hop shoes and trudge into Studio C. I shouldn't be acting like this, I know that, but I really wanted to be in this group dance. Abby did say we'd be doing it next week though, so that's exciting. And Mackenzie and I actually get to dance! Besides, Abby was only going to have one of us do the group dance anyways, and since we were doing a lot of acro, I had a feeling it was going to be Kenzie. Plus she actually met Vivi, and I think it'll be easier for her to play Vivi.

"Hi Maddie. " Gianna says, then lowers her voice to a whisper. "I was thinking we could work on your recital solo today. Don't tell the mothers though, Abby didn't schedule you to start working on yours until Monday. But I figured it'd be easier since you have the video shoot next week."

She teaches me about half of the dance. I really like it. It's called "light my fire", and it's basically a remake of last year's recital group dance.

*half hour later*

"Alright that was good. Could you go get Paige for her solo?"

"Sure. Paige, Gia wants you for your solo!"

"Coming!"

"You're lazy." Gia laughs.

"And loud." I add, not helping my case. I wave to Paige as I exit the room, and head upstairs to join the moms.

*Paige's POV*

"Abby wanted you to do one of Brooke's old solos from season one, we were thinking of either Break Me or Supermodel. Which one would you rather do?"

I think for a minute. Break Me is more of a lyrical dance, which definitely is not one of my strengths, but I did get second last week. And Chloe and I were tied with a score of 293.5, except she had a higher technique score. I'm not surprised, Chloe's technique is far superior to mine.

"I think I want to do break me."

Gia grabs a CD out of her bag, and pops it into the player. "Just improv for now. Get a feel for the music."

The music begins, and I do a back walkover to my knees, and stand back up rolling through my toes. I remember some of Brooke's solo, so towards the end I put the few moves I can recall into a little combo. I (carefully) attempt her 360 chin stand, remembering how her neck got stuck to the tape on the stage. I only do a half turn, but my legs are getting sore, so I do a split and come down.

"That was good. Now that you're all warmed up, let's start actually learning it."

Brooke's solo Break Me from season 1

I really like the solo, and I'm glad I chose Break Me. I'm a lot more flexible than I used to be, so I think I'll do pretty well with this.

FRIDAY

*Maddie's POV again* (sorry Paige's was so short)

"So Kenzie, are you excited to be Vivi in the group?" I ask. We are working on oversplits using the new stretch ladders Abby bought.