Chapter One - The audition

"Maddie get down here! You're gonna be late!"

But I'm not. I've been up and ready to go since five, and it's now eight. I'm not a big fan of waking up early.

"Coming Mom!" I shout running downstairs.

She looks at me with a tired smile. There are heavy bags under her eyes. She's not really a morning person either.

"You have everything?" She asks.

"Backup leotard, half soles, ballet shoes, pointe shoes,  tan and black tap, tan and black jazz,  hip hop sneakers, heels, and ALDC LA sweatshirt." I grab a strawberry pop tart and hop in the car.

**************************
At the ALDC

I walk into studio A, as I am instructed.
Abby pins the number 93 on my shirt.
Then we stretch. We do our splits, scorpions, needles, and some acro tricks.

We are then separated into two groups. I stay in studio A. One girl, her name was Macy I think, couldn't even go into a full split, so Abby sent her out.

That's when the drama begins. Her mom storms in, and I realize it's Cathy.

"Well Cathy, I see you've adopted another horrible dancer." Abby says.

"Oh shut up Abby. Your just holding a grudge because you don't like me. Macy can do an over split in her sleep!"

"Really Cathy? Because your daughter couldn't even get her front leg straight! She's horrible!"

Cathy storms out, and Abby tells us to get our pointe shoes on. We do a few warm ups, then learn a quick combination to Carol of the Bells.

It's a dark song, but one of my favorites. Most girls can't even push up on pointe, and some don't own pointe shoes. By the end of the combo, only twenty of us are left. We move onto acro, and I easily surpass everyone else with my round off double back handspring back tuck. (Ok that was a lot and I apologize for the excessive tricks and stuff)

One other girl tries it, but slips on her second back handspring and ends up falling and doing a back extension (a backwards roll that lands in a plank) and I am left standing with some 13 year old, I think her name is Ella, who can do a round off back handspring back tuck, and then do some sort of turn into a front aerial.

We are instructed to come back tomorrow with a solo prepared, costume and everything, even props and stage makeup. We meet Ava, the finalist from studio B, and go our separate ways.
**************************
AUTHOR'S NOTE
first chapter is done!🥳