Chapter Eight - Victorious

Ok so we have a bit of a situation I said the premier would be on Friday night and it never happened so I republished that chapter saying it would be on Sunday night after the audition.

Another early wake up, I think, and slowly roll out of bed until I hit the floor. I get dressed in my favorite dance wear.

 I get dressed in my favorite dance wear

(Minus the bow)

Maddie, Mackenzie and I grab pop tarts, and run to the car. Melissa isn't feeling well, so my mom is taking us.

Maddie helps me set up an Instagram account on the way there, and after posting just one photo with her and Mackenzie tagged, I already have a thousand followers. I haven't been verified yet, since we haven't had our premier. It's tonight though, and I can't wait.

I shove the last bite of pop tart in my mouth and head into the audition building. We all go in the actual room used for auditioning individually to sing.

I don't think I did too well. I sang "Call me maybe" but my voice cracked halfway through the song, and I was most definitely off-key. They dismiss me, and I go out to the waiting room and watch James Charles on my laptop with Ellie while eating some Girl Scout thin mints. Both my sisters are Girl Scouts, and we have some left over from last year.

Lilly comes in, looking ecstatic. "How'd you do?" I ask, already knowing her answer. "I'm a finalist! I might be on Victorious!" I give her a hug, and Ellie tosses Lilly a confetti popper out of her dance bag. Where she got it, I don't know, but Lilly easily catches it with one hand. We drag our mothers outside and Lilly pops it. Pink and yellow streamers fly everywhere, and we run back inside before anyone realized we were gone, leaving the parking lot looking a party just exploded out there, which technically happened.

Lilly, Mackenzie, Nia, Brooke, Kendall, Paige, and about fifteen other girls head back in to dance. Maddie and I smush our faces against the window. Some of the other girls are really good. There's one girl from Just Dance Company (Jessalyn Siwa's studio) who can do eight pirouettes into a real illusion, not the fake ones that we usually do. I think it's Jojo Siwa. I've competed against her a few times, and I have to admit, she's pretty good. We have on the same dancewear, except she has a bright blue bow in her hair. She falls out of her turns, and knocks down Lilly, and crashes into Nia, who trips over her, and the three of them, plus Ellie who is doubled over in laughter behind us, are on the ground. I have to admit, aside from the fact that Nia and Lilly have no chance now, it was pretty funny.

Nia and Lilly storm out of the room, followed by Jojo, who is just as happy as ever, and is trying to make conversation with them. "Come on guys, it's not my fault you fell!" She says, in a desperate plea to make amends, but Nia isn't buying it. "If you hadn't fallen out of your turns because you weren't spotting -" she starts, but Jojo interrupts. "I was spotting. What do you know about spotting anyways? You're hardly what I'd call a good dancer."