Chapter Two - The first day

Warning: there is a PJO The last olympian spoiler in this chapter

When I get home I get out an old solo costume and decide on the song Impossible by James Arthur.

I choreographed this just last week, but now I have an opportunity to use it.

I like to think of it as sort of a tribute piece to Luke from Percy Jackson. He was always my favorite character, and this song reminds me of him.

I know it's silly, but I always get so sad when certain characters die, even though they were never really alive to begin with.

I start standing, and do a back walkover onto one knee, and finally end stabbing my shoulder with a prop knife, just like Luke when he kills Kronos.

Finally, I make sure the costume fits, and go to sleep.

********** the next day

*at the aldc*
I walk into the large building, somehow more terrified than I was yesterday.

I peer through the window of studio C, and find Brooke, Nia, and Mackenzie hanging out on silks. I can't believe it. Brooke hops off her silk and puts her face right up to the glass and makes silly faces at me.

I just roll my eyes, laughing, and run into Studio B, not wanting to be late, seeing as Abby can be scary, or she is on the show at least.

Ella is already there, and Ava comes in about 5 minutes later. We stretch, and talk about our dances.

"Hip hop is my favorite, so I'm doing a solo to girls on the dance floor, it's one of my favorites." Says Ella shyly.

"I'm amazing at tap, even better than Maddie, so I'm gonna do a tap solo, to The Greatest Show." Brags Ava.

Ella shoots me a quick look, and I know exactly what she's thinking.

Maybe she is better than Maddie, but Ava is like 17, a lot older than what Abby's looking for, and I've seen Ella do hip hop, she could beat Mackenzie any day.

About half an hour later - which is weird because she always yells at people for being late, Abby arrives, and we get started.

Ava wasn't completely lying. She can tap, but she's no Maddie. She does a triple pirouette before falling out of it, and I remember what my old dance coach told me, before I transferred here. (I've been taking classes here for two months)

"Class, if you can do five pirouettes in jazz shoes or half soles, do four in tap shoes, because you'll slip easily in tap shoes, so stay safe, and do one less."

Not bad advice. She bursts into tears and sulks off, slamming the door and speeding away.

"Well that was pathetic. Maddie, you're up." Abby says.

I stand up and walk to the center of the room. I execute my walkover perfectly, and do my signature move, a firebird jump into a front aerial.

By the time I finish, all the girls are staring at me through the window, Abby too.

"Maddie that was incredible. Ella, you go, unless you're scared."

Ella gets up, fixes her costume, and gets into her starting position. The music starts, and she's amazing. Then halfway through, though she is only frozen for a split second, I can tell she has forgotten.

Abby stops her music, and dismisses her. I give her a hug, and promise to stay in touch.

And with that. I am on the ALDC elite team.

**************************
Author's note

Ok so I'm pretty sure for a firebird into a front aerial the back leg would come forward and go into the aerial I don't know i can't do either of these 😂