Dandelions

I know that my last chapter was based on music, but I had an idea for this one, and I didn't want it to go to waste. 

So this chapter is going to be based on the song that I have above. Feel free to play it either before, after or during the time that your reading this(I recommend before) but you can do whatever. I personally think that this song, can relate to the relationship Keefe and Sophie have in a way. BUT ANYWAY....... I'll let you guys get to reading!

----------------------------------

Keefe's p.o.v

Keefe layed down in his bed, starting to weep. There was no point in him trying to pretend anymore. Sophie was never going to like him back. She was with Fitz now. The Golden boy. One of the worst things about it was that no body would ever understand how much that broke him. It felt thousands of times worse than when he was going through his transformation.

The girl that he had fallen in love with, was now way beyond his reach. The beautiful, strong, smart, amazing girl, was never going to love him back. And what was he going to do about it? He was going to try and forget. He was going to try and sleep all his worries away. 

He would do almost anything to ensure her happiness. And if that meant giving her the dream boy, then that's what he would do. 

"Hey kid, do you need to talk about it," Ro asked, entering his room. 

Keefe just kept on crying. Not even bothering to respond to her. What was the point? Talking wasn't going to make him feel better. He already knew that. 

The moment that he saw her, Keefe knew that he'd fallen. In fact, he'd fallen so far down, that there was no way out. Every single time he saw her, talked to her, thought about her, he just fell deeper. 

Maybe it's the way you say my name
Maybe it's the way you play your game
But it's so good, I've never known anybody like you
But it's so good, I've never dreamed of nobody like you

Love. It was such a strong word. But it was the only word he could use to describe his feelings for Sophie. Maybe even something more. Like a love that only comes once in a life time. A love that would without a doubt, live with Keefe forever.  

And I've heard of a love that comes once in a lifetime
And I'm pretty sure that you are that love of mine

After about 5 minutes, Keefe opened his eyes, finding himself in a dreamy field full of dandelions. It was funny. How much those little weeds reminded him of Sophie. Mainly because of one time when she told him a human folk tale. Sometimes, humans would blow on dandelions and make a wish, apparently causing it to come true. 

Might as well give it a shot, Keefe thought. 

Even though it seemed incredibly silly to try, Keefe still found himself blowing every dandelion in his sight. Wishing each time, that Sophie would be happy. But not with Fitz. With him.

'Cause I'm in a field of dandelions
Wishing on every one that you'll be mine, mine
And I see forever in your eyes
I feel okay when I see you smile, smile
Wishing on dandelions all of the time
Praying to God that one day you'll be mine
Wishing on dandelions all of the time, all of the time

"Hey Keefe," A voice said from behind him. A voice that he knew all too well. Sophie. 

"What? Sophie what are you doing here?" Keefe couldn't help but be distracted by her appearance. She was wearing a butter yellow dress which only went to about her knees. Sophie almost always took his breath away, but this, this, made him feel like he was suffocating.

"Well I've come to get a few things off of my chest," She said, twiddling her fingers and avoiding eye contact. 

Even without his empathy, Keefe could tell that she was nervous. And it made him giddy as to why. Maybe all of those dandelions were going to make his dream come true. And just that little spark of hope, made him so happy. So. Unbelievably. Happy. 

I think that you are the one for me
'Cause it gets so hard to breathe
When you're looking at me
I've never felt so alive and free
When you're looking at me
I've never felt so happy

"I..I love you," She whispered.

"No you don't. You love Fitz," Keefe stood up, taking a few steps back. There was no way this was true. The love of his life had just admitted to him that the feeling was mutual. 

"Remember silly? I told you that when you blow on a dandelion, your wish sometimes comes true," Sophie giggled. 

This totally wasn't real, but all Keefe could do was enjoy the moment,"I love you too Sophie Elizabeth Foster," 

And I've heard of a love that comes once in a lifetime
And I'm pretty sure that you are that love of mine

The pair beamed at each other, before running into the others arms.

"I love you! I love you! I love you! I love you!" Sophie yelled, while Keefe twirled her around. 

Bunches of dandelion seeds wafted into the air as Keefe spun, but neither or them cared, they were just lost in the others eyes.

Eventually Keefe stopped spinning, letting Sophie down, but not releasing her entirely. Keefe lightly cupped his hand on her cheek, and started leaning in. As if mirroring him, Sophie started to do the same.

'Cause I'm in a field of dandelions
Wishing on every one that you'll be mine, mine
And I see forever in your eyes
I feel okay when I see you smile, smile
Wishing on dandelions all of the time
Praying to God that one day you'll be mine
Wishing on dandelions all of the time, all of the time

As soon as their lips met, Keefe could tell that something was off. Like Sophie was slipping away, going back to where ever she came from to go and love Fitz instead. 

"I have to go," She whispered pulling away. 

As much as Keefe wanted to hold on to her, and never let her leave, he knew deep down that it was what he had to do. 

"Ok, I understand. But that still doesn't change a thing. I love you Sophie Foster," Keefe said.

She smiled sadly, before slowly turning into a bunch of dandelion seeds and floated away in the wind. 

Dandelion, into the wind you go
Won't you let my darling know?
Dandelion, into the wind you go
Won't you let my darling know that?

Keefe felt a small tear roll down his cheek. The most amazing moment of his life, had just ended. And there was no doubt that the moment he and Sophie had just shared in his dream, was never going to actually happen. 

But despite all of that, Keefe kept blowing on the dandelions. Making a simple wish for each one. Wishing that Sophie would one day love him back in the way that he loved her. 

I'm in a field of dandelions
Wishing on every one that you'll be mine, mine
And I see forever in your eyes
I feel okay when I see you smile, smile
Wishing on dandelions all of the time
Praying to God that one day you'll be mine
Wishing on dandelions all of the time, all of the time

Keefe eventual took a break, admiring the small patch of clear space he had created. 

Maybe wishing on dandelions was a dumb, He thought, but for now, its all that I can do.

I'm in a field of dandelions
Wishing on every one that you'll be mine, mine

-------------------------

I hope you guys liked it! I have a couple more songs that kind of give me ideas like this one, so if I don't have any ideas, and you guys don't have any suggestions, then this type of thing is what I might do. 

.......

BUT I WOULD LIKE TO SAY A HUGE THANK YOU!!!!!!! 1,000 READS REALLY MEAN SO MUCH TO ME! I WOULD LOVE TO THANK YOU ALL FOR READING MY STORY! And, I'll try to keep updating!