Special Chapter

The last few months were spent with each other, almost not leaving one another's presence as they tried to make up for all the lost time they had apart. Gigi agreed to move in with Crystal shortly after they met, living outside the urban city just like the peaceful life they once dreamed of. They weren't in the lake house they talked about yet but they were getting close to that dream as the brunette was already planning to buy one behind Gigi's back as a surprise for her in her upcoming graduation.

It was an early Friday morning and the only class Gigi had for the day was a lecture with a guest speaker that her art professor invited. Crystal was the first to wake up among the two, stretching her arms up as she sat on the bed and looked at the clock on their bedside table. It was still very early but she was never one to be late, especially on this special day.

She looked at the sleeping figure next to her before leaning down to place a soft peck on her cheek before whispering near her ear. "Wake up, love."

"Mhm..." Gigi scooted closer to the brunette, wrapping an arm around her as she snuggled sleepily.

"Hey, you have to wake up. You have a class today." The brunette shook the taller woman's arm to wake her but she swat her hand away.

"I don't care."

"Ouch. The only time I'll be in your class, you would rather miss it instead. You must be ashamed to see me there." Crystal crossed her arms to her chest as she stared at the ginger-haired woman's sleeping figure.

"Hey, I'm not." Gigi said sleepily. "I just want to sleep in."

"But I'm your guest speaker today. Wake up wake up!" This time, the couple's pet cat named Pumpkin jumped on their bed and licked Gigi's cheek, waking her up. Crystal chuckled as she pet the cat's fur, smiling at the help she got. "See, Pumpkin wants you to wake up too. So get your ass out of the bed now or I won't make you pancakes for a month."

"Okay okay I'm up!" Gigi immediately jumping out of the bed made Crystal burst into laughter while she made her way to the kitchen to fix some breakfast.

"I hope you learned a lot from me today... I know I talked a lot but I hope you enjoyed today's lecture." Crystal said as she greeted the class.

One voice from the front row of the hall echoed across the room, the students glancing at where the voice was coming from. "I have a few questions if you have time actually." Gigi exclaimed as she gave her girlfriend a wink, making the other roll her eyes subtly before turning back to the class.

"Oh yeah, good one. Let's have a Q and A session. Any questions?" A few people raised their hands.

"Miss Methyd, I saw this news article about a stolen art from this city years ago, the one you mentioned you were from... Have you seen the piece before it got stolen? Any thoughts about it?" One student asked, and she wasn't surprised with how popular the topic was during the time.

"Oh, exactly the kind of style we were talking about. It's a shame, honestly, the art being seen as a money source rather than what it is actually about and us missing the chance to see its glory in person," her brown eyes found Gigi's ones that she has focused on anywhere but her, playful smile occupying her lips knowing well it was her old team's doing. She caught how flushed the ginger-haired girl got before their eyes finally met and Gigi raised her hand like she was challenging her in an exchange of her playfulness. "Yes, you," she gave the word to her, afraid of what's to come.

"I don't know how related this is but... I read somewhere that another piece in that same museum has been replaced with a replica," a playful smirk was in Gigi's face this time as the flushed look got to Crystal. "Do you think there's a possibility of that? That we might not be getting a hundred percent authenticity even in the museums?"