Tiffany

Crystal's way home was nothing different than her usual night out partying alone, tipsily strolling along the streets, aside from meeting the blonde woman. If she got lucky, there would be a one night stand that she spent with a stranger she met at the nightclub. However, none of the strangers she slept with ever tried to end her life the way the blonde did and that made her night distinct from all the other nights she had. The cold of the night made her shiver as she tried to wrap her mind around the events of her evening, unable to do so with everything that went down.

The brunette couldn't help but feel proud of herself to get rid of the blonde once again. Nathalie, Mia or whoever she actually was, was a whole professional she was told to be careful about. She was the person they warned her about, and escaping her twice, even successfully giving the deliberate wrong information she was told to give by her boss. She couldn't help thinking about what this would cost the blonde who seemed to be sloppier than the first time they'd encountered each other, but she shook the thought away quickly to focus on her own little victory.

Crystal's exhausted self stood in the hallway and rumbling on her keys before opening the front door to her simple condo unit that she had been living in for the past few months she had spent working for her recent employer. She threw her keys on the side table before stepping on the envelopes that were slid under her door. Hazily, she picked it up and read where the letter came from.

The brunette's expression went sour when she saw the name of the hospital she spent weeks in on the side of the envelope, exhaling a deep breath as she switched to the second one to see a court notice. She cursed as she let them both down on her coffee table and left to pour a drink for herself.

Soon, the brunette was on the couch with a glass fuller than it was supposed to be with her dirty clothing still on her body as she was too tired to change into her pyjamas. She downed the drink at once, burning her hurting throat even more before she grabbed the hospital bill envelope to rip it open. She chuckled dryly as she checked her left debt and put the papers down to pick the other one up.

Crystal found her hearing date on the paper before she started laughing hysterically, still not able to wrap her head around how she could mess up so bad. Moments later, her laughter turned into sobbings, her hand covering her mouth as she let it all out. Being in debt over medical bills or the lawyer fees wouldn't be a problem if it didn't mean she would have to get into underground, art enemy business but with her lack of insurance, she was stuck with working for her boss and risking her life everyday as she did so.

That night, Crystal fell asleep on her couch. Her mind messed up as she felt like she was betraying herself and her art, thinking about how there was no escape as long as she didn't want to pay in jail time. Her makeup was smudged, there was dried blood all over her body, and sleeping in day time clothing felt awful but it all seemed insignificant with her bigger problems in mind.

A few days have passed since her last encounter with the brunette and the blonde girl was being called to her boss' office. For some reasons, her knees were quivering as she walked along the hallways of their building, making it seem like being called at the principal's office for committing a school offense. Her fingers fidgeted on her side as she approached the door, taking a deep breath in before knocking thrice only for the door to be opened by the boss' right-hand man. Her shoulders were tensed, her back straightened as she tried to conceal the unknown nervousness. "Yes, Mister Sanchez?"

"How could you be so stupid?" the blonde jumped with the sudden yelling filling the room, an expected one but it still surprised her.

"What do you mean?" Then, her boss harshly dropped a folder in front of her, revealing a stolen picture of her with the brunette from the club.