Only The Good Die

THERE IS A STORY THERE SOMEWHERE I PROMISE

Sorry for the many songs

◇◇◇

Reply with songs you want to be on here :)

◇◇◇

Date: 8th Feb

Chapter 6

Katniss's POV

The walk is long, and we soon have to retreat to the sewers because there are too many peacekeepers on the roads. My gut twisted into the tightest knots when Boggs told us to do that. Memories of my Father, the idea that I might end up like him. Not that I have much choice. When you die, you're either buried deep underground or burned into ashes. The two things I'm most scared of.

The waters of the sewer are a brown green, like the forest but a lot less pure. A gun rests in my hand now, heavy and uncomfortable.

For some reason, it doesn't seem the same as a bow, even if they are for the same purpose. A bow isn't automated. This is just made for mass killing. And that is uncomfortable as the slick black metal that is in my hands.

Finnick walks next to me, our footsteps echoing throughout the dim tunnels. 

I feel bad that I haven't talked to Peeta, haven't acknowledged him, since he woke up. Maybe a part of me is worried it's going to get worse, maybe I'm just trying to shield myself from the possibility of him being lost again. Maybe I'm scared he'll be lost forever. Maybe I'm worried I'll have to take care of Willow on my own. 

Maybe I'm scared I'll lose the one person that truly understands, and the arms that calm me. One of the few steady things in my life.

I walk on through the sewers though, not looking back. Never looking back. If I'm not dead by the time this is all over, I can sort it out. 

A light appears at the end, with Boggs underneath it. It looks almost like we can get out again. Until he signals for us to wait.

A flash of fear crosses his face and he tells us to go.

So we run. I hear a couple screams of people who see what is going on, but Boggs catches up with us, so at least he's okay.

We turn many corners, run and get tired. Drag along.

These tunnels were not made for people.

◇◇◇

Hazel's POV