Far Away

I loved Tom. Every single part of him. His brown curls. His eyes. His kind sweet personality. The way he cares for me. How he will pick me up when I'm down. Care for me when I'm sick. He makes me feel safe. 

But there's just one thing I don't like. It's not necessarily his fault. But it's the distance. Because of his job he's always away. Away from me. 

I know that it's selfish to want him around me all the time but I love him. However I would never stop him. He's living his dream. The smile he brings how when he does that is amazing. It lights up my day. 

However sometimes it gets hard. Coming home to an empty house. No one to share nights with. It's hard. 

Today was one of those nights. I had gotten in from work ordered a pizza and was now sat in bed watching a film. I was sat on Tom's side of the bed in one of his hoodies. It just made me feel closer to him. The fact I could smell his cologne still was comforting. It was almost two months since he left. The daily FaceTime calls weren't enough anymore. 

I was falling asleep when my phone started buzzing. I looked at it and saw a call from Tom. 

"Hiya baby," I answered. 

''Hi darling. How was your day?'' 

''It was alright Tommy. But you tell me about your day. You're the famous actor,'' I laughed. 

He started telling me about his day. His eyes lit up when he talked about his job. He entered this other level of happiness about his job. It warmed my heart to see. It was great that he was so passionate about something. 

He was talking about a stunt he had to do and I must have drifted off into thought as I heard him call my name. 

"Y/N?" 

"Hmmm?" 

"Are you ok?" 

"Just listening Tommy," I smiled. 

It was about 1am for me when we started the call and it was now 3am. It was the only we could talk to each other due to the time difference. But it was all worth it. Just to see my Tom. Even if it was through a camera. Anything was better than text.

 I let out a big yawn. My eyes getting heavy. I was used to getting no sleep when he's away. I wanted to spend every moment I could talking to him. 

"Y/N what time is it back home?" 

"3am. What time is it in LA?" 

"7pm," he sighed. "Look darling go get some sleep. You have to be up for work in the morning. I love you." 

"I love you too," I smiled hanging up the call. 

It broke my heart every time I had to say good bye to him. I never got used to it. I couldn't take the distance. It was too much for me. Sat in bed getting lonely. No one to be with at night. 

He was right though. I had work in the morning and needed the sleep. We had to end the call. Tom had told me so many times to quit my job. I never liked it anyway. And it wasn't like we needed the money. I could find something else to do. 

I had quite a big following on Instagram before I even met Tom. And since then it had only grown. I had always wanted to do that as job. 

Maybe this loneliness that I was feeling was the kickstart I needed. I could quit my job. Travel the world with Tom. We wouldn't have to spend months apart from each other all the time if we did. 

This wasn't something I had decided to do on the spot either. I had been thinking about it for a while. Maybe now was the right time. 

I had a sudden wave of confidence to text my boss and tell him I was quitting my job. Yes it was 3am. But I didn't care. I was done with that dead end job anyway. I'd sent the message telling him I wasn't coming to work anymore.