I'll Protect You

TW: Abusive relationship. Please don't read this chapter if you think it'll make you uncomfortable or upset. If you upset by what I've wrote please feel free to message me.

If I see any comments of 'why didn't she just leave' I will delete them and you will be blocked.

'Please Luke,' I pleaded as I backed off from him.

My boyfriends eyes dark and angry. His body tense and aggressive. 'I didn't meant to say it. I'm sorry.'

'If you didn't meant to say it then why did you,' he spat. 'You're a fucking bitch Y/N.'

My entire body was filling with dread and terror. I couldn't overpower Luke. He was nearly a foot taller than me and twice as strong. He was walking towards me and I was backing off. However I couldn't step back anymore. I was cornered. My body now shaking as he got closer to me. I reached out my hands to his chest to try and stop him. In some pointless effort to try and push him further away from me. It wouldn't work. Never has, never will.

'Get your hands off me,' he growled.

His voice low and angry. I immediately pulled my hands away. Shaking, terrified.

'Maybe one of these day's you'll learn you bitch,' he smirked.

I tell myself he wasn't always like this. That he was kind and sweet when we first met. That he was loving and caring and he made me happy. That I'd done something wrong or deserved the way he treated me. But then everything went black. And my thoughts stopped.

I woke up the next morning and walked to our bathroom to get ready for the day. Luke was already awake. I heard noise from the next room. So I assumed that he was watching tv.

I looked at myself in the mirror. My body looking frail and beaten. Luckily he hadn't hit my face this time. Meaning that the bruises would be easier to hide. I looked at all the new ones across my arms and legs. Tracing the purple marks with my fingers. I also traced the old marks with my fingers. The old bruises fading. However I still had scars on my body that would never go away.

I looked outside the window and it looked like a warm sunny day. Ordinarily I would wear a dress, but I was meeting Tom today. I didn't want him to know what was going on. So I decided on a long sleeved shirt and jeans. Covering myself up as much as possible. I finished getting ready for the day and walked out into the living room.

'I'm going out I'll be back soon.'

'What?' Luke's head spun around.

'I told you yesterday I'm going out with Tom for coffee.'

'I don't trust that bastard.'

'Tom and I are just friends. I promise.'

'Yeah like you're promises mean fuck all to me,' he scoffed. 'Don't be long.'

His face was angry. I knew that look. I knew that I couldn't be out long. I couldn't have another night like last night. Not two in a row anyway.

'Okay Luke. I promise I won't be long.'

'Yeah like your promises means shit to me,' he scoffed.

He turned his head away from me and continued watching whatever film he was watching. I grabbed my bag from the side and stuffed my phone, purse and keys inside.

The café I was meeting Tom at was only 5 minutes away so I decided to walk. The fresh air would be nice. As I approached the café I saw Tom stood outside waiting for me on his phone. When he looked up from his phone and saw me he flashed a smile at me. His presence made me feel calm. Made me feel safe. Tom was my best friend and I could tell him anything. Well almost anything.