Nine

** TRIGGER WARNING: Depiction of and reference to sexual assault **

Skip to the end of the chapter for a summary.

---

The rest of the week flies by in a flurry of studying at the library, going to class and soccer training.

On Friday after work, Jonny and I head to Stanley Park, to consume a pint of ice cream between us and just wander around.

It's just like when I was seventeen and we were hanging out together. It's a beautiful time and I don't remember the last time I laughed quite like that; no one can make me laugh like Jonny can. I think that's an older brother's job, even if our relationship isn't biological.

Before too long, it's Saturday and both the women's and the men's soccer teams have games at home.

The boys' game ends in a nail-biting 2-2 draw, which was pretty impressive, given they had to claw it back after being 2-0 down at half time.

Our result isn't as good, unfortunately. We lose 3-0, much to our frustration. Somehow, we just didn't quite have it together offensively and it was just a bit of a shambles in the defensive department.

Both the hockey and football houses are throwing big parties tonight, but we decide to hit up Smith's again, because it'll be a little less manic.

It's been a while since I've been to a house party and kicked ass at beer pong, but going to Smith's is still pretty fun, so I'm not complaining.

Anandi and MJ, on the other hand, decide that they want to join in the fun at the football house, because Anandi's good friends with one of the guys on the team.

So, I find myself putting on some jeans and a crop top, before taking an Uber to Grayson's place, which she shares with Kat, to pregame.

Farah, who, like me, doesn't live with any of the soccer girls, is there too and they all holler loudly when I arrive.

"Natty!" Kat shouts, quickly wrapping me in a hug.

I hug her back and immediately accept the vodka shot that Gray offers me.

It took me quite a long time to actually get myself ready for tonight – because I just wasn't really feeling it – so we don't pregame for very long. We want to make it to Smith's in good time.

When we get there, we spot the rest of the girls milling about, chatting to the boys' team. It seems as though they're the majority of the people here, which is pretty nice.

It's not as busy as normal, probably because of all the house parties being thrown tonight around campus.

It makes it pretty easy to grab drinks, so Farah and I do the honours for the first round.

Josh, who was serving some other customers, chucks a wave at us, as he heads off to the other end of the bar to attend to some other people.

Farah grabs my hand and we immediately head to the dance floor.

There, we find Gray, Kat and some of the boys, including Chase and Reuben. The lights flash in a way that makes it look they're moving in slow motion and I struggle to see properly.

Still, Chase comes towards me and throws an arm around my shoulders, pulling me into his side.

My face squishes against his chest and I grunt in frustration. I didn't do this make-up for him to ruin it like this.

I try to swat him away and eventually he relents, releasing me slightly, but doesn't take his arm away from around me. "Don't suffocate me!" I complain.