𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘

𝗝𝗔𝗛𝗦𝗘𝗛 '𝗝𝗔𝗛' 𝗕𝗔𝗜𝗟𝗘𝗬
𝙰𝚄𝙶𝚄𝚂𝚃 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟿
𝗖𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗔𝗚𝗢, 𝗜𝗟𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗢𝗜𝗦

𝗝𝗔𝗛𝗦𝗘𝗛 '𝗝𝗔𝗛' 𝗕𝗔𝗜𝗟𝗘𝗬𝙰𝚄𝙶𝚄𝚂𝚃 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟿𝗖𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗔𝗚𝗢, 𝗜𝗟𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗢𝗜𝗦

I put on my shoes and joined her outside. The street lights were starting to come on and it was getting dark.

"You really didn't have to take me home you know." She says as she tried to stop smiling.

"So then why do you look excited huh?" I asked smiling. "You like having me around down you?"

"Nah it's cause you different from the others." She shrugged.

"What do you mean?" I asked rubbing my eye.

"Like you just mad quiet you remind of someone."

"Who?"

"Nun ya business." She replied making me look at her and shake my head.

"So when was you finna tell me that you just came outta pen."

Marni's loud mouth prolly told her making me kiss my teeth a little.

"You never asked." I replied bluntly and I put my hands in my pocket.

"Why did you go in?"

"...Stupid shit." I replied rubbing my nose and sniffing.

"I see then you shouldn't be out this late your probably on probation too." She says as she put her hands on her pockets.

"The law can't stop me from doing my shit  you know." I replied shaking my head "And why do you care anyways." I asked her snorting a little.

"Chillat I was just saying." She replied turning red and I just chuckled.

"You know what let's walk faster they got me on curfew and shit." I mumbled the last part sounding embarrassed as hell.

"See I told youu." Taijah laughed showing her cute ass smile.

I chewed the bottom of my lip looking at her for a short second then we continued walking in silence again.

"I'm sorry for punching your girlfriend like that." She says as she looks down.

"You look dumb as hell apologizing for shit you didn't start." I looked at squinting my eyes.

"Yeah but I don't know I feel bad I shouldn't be hitting people." She says as she kicked the rock that was in front of her.

"I already told you she ain't my girlfriend I don't even like her I just fuck with her from time to time." I replied sighing

"She shouldn't have gotten mad over some insecure and shit." I say looking down and playing with my bracelet.

"Yeah your right." She mumbled lowly.

We finally made it and Taijah rang the doorbell leaning on the wall.

After a few minutes someone unlocked the door and we could hear a baby crying from the other end.

I saw Khelani holding a baby standing by the door. I was kinda surprised cause it's been mad long since I last saw her.

"Heyy." Taijah said in a baby voice holding the baby whom I guessing is her son.

"Jahseh is that you?" Khelani asked as her eyes widen.

"Yeah." I replied chuckling and i rubbed the back of my neck.

"Damn when did you get out?" She asked as she came up to hug me.

"Shit like a month ago." I replied as I side hugged her back.

"And you didn't think it would be nice to visit me?" She says putting her hands on her hips and mugging me.

"Nah I just thought you'd be busy with you know." I replied pointing my chin at her son.

"That ain't a good excuse."

"Wait y'all know each other." Taijah asked squinting her eyes.

"Yeah he used to chill at mines with Jaylon and nem." Khelani replied as she grabbed her handbag.

Taijah just hummed and looked away she looked upset for some reason.

"Aight well I gotta go bye JJ." Khelani said in a baby voice kissing her son.

"Imma drop you off." I muttered.

"Bye Jah." Taijah smiled waving at me.

"Hol' on." I said grabbing my phone outta my pocket. I unlocked it and handed it to her.

"What?" She asked looking at me weirdly.

"...Uh put your number." I say mugging her cause she just asked some dumb shit. I watched her type her number and she saved my contact on her phone too.

"Later." I said nodding at her and I walked down the stairs.

"So how you been?" I asked Khelani saving Taijah's contact on my phone.

"I've been good." She replied sighing.

"It's just kinda hard raising a child by yourself and having to go to school and work and shit you know." She mumbled looking down.

"Whatchu name him?" I asked putting my hands on my pocket.

"Jaylon Junior." She laughed looking at me.

"Named him after his father too huh?" I looked at her smiling.

"Yeah as a remembrance. I just wish he was there to see him."

"Don't do that you know it ain't your fault ain't got nothing to do witchu." I say mumbling the last part.

"It was I should've told him to stay home that day." She muttered.

"And I should've been there for him but my ass was locked up so." I say shrugging and smacking my lips.

"Jaylon really did miss your goofy ass though it was mad boring without you." Khelani said playfully pushing me.

"Aight well I gotta go." I replied laughing.

"Yeah me too stay say okay."

"Yeah you too." I said while side hugging her.