Prologue

Once upon a time, in a land far, far away, magic was once the bane of existence in the continent of Tairiku. People born with magic were highly revered, while those born without were shunned. The two most powerful beings on the planets were the Kitsune and the Dragons.

Kitsune were a race of fox spirits, all of which were shapeshifters. Most were only born with the power to shapeshift, however, so many were just known as humans with fox-like features. But few had more powers than that. Those were the leaders of the Kitsune clans.

Humans were the weakest of all creatures, but they began to breed with creatures of more powerful status, creating people known as witches, wizards, mages, and others with similar titles. With the newfound power of Humans, they began to go on larger expeditions, and there were those who slayed Kitsune and became Dragon Tamers. This brought on a war with devastating results.

Humans... had won. There only remained one clan of dragons, and the Kitsune had been declared extinct. Other creatures retreated to other continents, left Dragons to their captivity and no race even dared to search for any possible remaining Kitsune.

One man had killed more than the whole of humanity. He had killed many creatures, and even slayed a Kitsune with his bare hands, who's head he kept mounted on his wall. This man became the first King of the kingdom Okoku.

No one wondered what happened to the Kitsune, only assumed that they had all been wiped from the face of the planet by the combined forces of other races. But do you want to know what really happened?

.
.
.

The Kitsune had learned of Humans' plans to attack them, and they convened to try and find a way to escape. When the oldest and wisest of Kitsune offered himself as a sacrifice to let the rest of the race survive, many tried to convince him to escape with the rest of the group, but he convinced them that if he escaped, they would for sure search for the rest of them, so after much arguing, it was agreed upon that he would stay and let himself be taken.

However, when the time came that he was on the verge of his death, many of his devoted came to try and save him, resulting in the death of over half the population of Kitsune being wiped out. The others managed to escape in their fox forms, and lived in forests filled with dangers no human could survive through without help for years.

When Human civilizations started cutting down these forests, however, many of the Kitsune who were most skilled in transformation made themselves humans and then blended in with the humans and formed a secret association for Kitsune in the human world. As far as the other Kitsune are concerned, they may have died in the wild, or may still be living in their homes in the wilderness, but none in the association know, for all contact was cut off not to long after they escaped to the human civilizations.

That is how we have come to now.

It has been two hundred years since the war. Currently in the kingdom of Okoku, the current King, King Masaru Bakugou, is hosting a ball to find a bride for his son, Prince Katsuki Bakugou.

Meanwhile in the other end of society, young kitsune Y/n L/n and her older twin brother, Mako are exploiting the presence of social-knowledge-lacking nobles to steal there way through living the next ten years pleasantly.

This is where our story begins. Two young beings, both being forced into living lives they don't want will soon cross paths, and but of course, Destiny couldn't help but meddle in their lives a little, now could she?

End of Prologue.