Chapter 5: The Truth and a Night Out

(Y/n's POV)

...

.
.
.

WHAT?!?

How did- when- did he tell her- what?

"What-"

"Don't lie to us, sweetheart... I don't know how you managed to get into the palace, or why Katsuki knows you, but you clearly aren't a princess. That much is sure from the constant meetings you two have had." Mitsuki sighed.

Not only do they know I'm not royalty, but they know about those, too!?! What is going on?!?

"Not to mention there is no kingdom of Kyosu or the continent of Nisé. Darling... you should have told us the truth in the first place. We don't mind Katsuki falling for someone who isn't a noble- in fact, we encouraged it throughout his life, he just never seemed to catch on... it would be good for him to know someone who wasn't spoon-fed for their whole life."

... huh?

I don't get it.

What's going on?

They aren't mad? But they haven't brought up that I'm a...

Oh.

They don't know about that bit, do they?

"You sure did throw us for a loop there for a while... you were so believable when we first met..." She looked a little disappointed. "While we would have loved for you to be royalty, we really don't mind your status. While some people may give us shit for not keeping the royal blood 'pure' or whatever, we really don't care. We just want what's best for our son... and that includes not hurting him by tearing his lover away from him because of their status!"

Lover- ugh... yeah, they really don't know what's going on...

"Now Chloe... can we ask who you really are..?" King Masaru spoke up. I sighed and looked at the ground in guilt.

"My name is Y/n L/n... I live in a house with my twin brother and his girlfriend in the city. We aren't exactly rich, but we aren't exactly living in the slums either. I met B-... Katsuki a while ago..." I decided to not say anything else.

I felt Bakugou's hand brush against mine again, surprising me. I looked up at him quickly, seeing that he was red in the face and staring at the floor, one eyebrow twitching in annoyance. "I'm... s-sorry..." He seemed to have trouble saying the words.

"We'll be having another ball in a month. We'll address this again then. For now... you two should spend time together. You're allowed in the palace at any time, Y/n~ And Katsuki can leave with you for however long you want, as long as he does come back before the next ball." Queen Mitsuki winked before walking off.

"Son, you are excused. You too, Y/n." King Masaru smiled softly at us. I glanced back to Bakugou, asking what to do. He grabbed my hand and pulled me away, making me blush a little. When we were in a private area he let go of me.

"Bakugou... I-I'm sorry... I must have messed up somehow-"

"You didn't mess up a damn thing, so don't go blaming yourself, idiot fox girl." He said, shocking me a little. "It's my fucking fault... they can read me like a book and I hate it!" He shouted. I didn't know what to do, so I just stood there, waiting for him to address me in any way.

He continued to yell about his parents, and I started getting more concerned when I could feel him heating up. I hesitantly grabbed his hand, making him turn to me, his eyes filled with rage that turned to guilt the second his eyes met mine.

"Bakugou... it's not your fault either..." I said quietly. He looked at the floor, not wanting to meet my eyes again. I let go of his hand, walked away, and returned a few minutes later, holding my old clothes. He looked at me, confused. "We're going."