Secret Jobs - Emily Sonnett

It wasn't unusual for Willow Black to return from her tenuous 12 hour shifts with a freshly stitched cut or a darker patch of skin that was clearly brewing into a much larger bruise. She was a supposed cop, a detective to be more precise and a good one at that. Academy graduate at 20, police detective by 23, an achievement Willow was most proud off even if she brushed you aside when giving her praise for it.

With this job came responsibility; longer nights, stressful cases, riskier crimes and an increased opportunities for injuries to occur. That's how Emily found her on a Friday night, her normally flawless, beautiful skin was married by a sickly black and purple bruise that started at the bottom of her left hand and flowed upwards against her shoulder and collarbone, ending at the edge of her jaw. Dry blood was stuck to the side of her head and mattered into her hair, highlighted the cut that traveled across her forehead.

The detective was wearing one of Emily's loose tank tops, body sprawled across the couch and her injured arm dangling off the edge. The protruding muscle in her jaw and furrowed brows gave Emily every indication of how she was feeling; in pain. With the drop of her bag and keys, the joking face she was once wearing washed off and replaced with concern and fright for Emily couldn't understand how her girlfriend had turned up at her apartment looking like she should be at a hospital instead.

"Jesus fuck, Wills" Emily gasps out dropping to her knees almost instantly

"h-hey that's no way to use the l-lords name" Says Willow, the words sounding chocked from her chest like every breath was igniting a fire in her lungs.

Emily felt helpless, she had tended to a few of her girlfriends previous injuries before, even taking a summer first aid class last year in hopes to feel better prepared but nothing could have prepared her for this.

"Willow we need to take you to a hospital, why did you even come here!" Emily all but yells out in disbelief wondering why she'd been tasked with patching up her girlfriend and not a team of highly trained professionals.

"No Em!" Willow coughs out, "I can't go to the h-hospital, it's not safe for m-me there" Her voice strained against her vocal cords.

"It's not safe!?" Emily reiterates in disbelief, hands quivering as they try and find a place to rest on Willows body, "It doesn't look safe for you here either Wills, you need a hospital"

Willow could here the panic in her girlfriends voice and she cursed herself for coming here in the first place, Emily didn't need this, she didn't need to be worrying whether or not she was going give out on her any minute. But she couldn't help it, the cosy apartment her girlfriend owned was the first place that came to mind when she was told to run some place safe. It was the apartment the pair had spend nights huddled on the sofa, each telling ridiculous stories about their co workers or celebrating a difficult case and well deserved match win.

It was her safe haven. Emily, was her safe haven.

"I can't be seen as a hospital Emily, so I need you to do it for me" She says trying to keep her voice strong and comforting for her.

"You know the minifridge in the kitchen?" Asks Willow looking at Emily in hopes she was paying close attention, "There's a hidden compartment at the bottom that got a bunch of fluids in bags, bring them all over here"

"What?! We've got meds in the fridge" Emily responds, not realising her slight slip of words was making her girlfriend grin a little.

"Yes Em" Willow almost laughs out, "I put them in here in case of an emergency, this feels like an emergency"

"Shouldn't I call someone? I'm way over my head here Black!" Emily grits out, her voice traveling through to the kitchen as the unlocking of the hidden compartment can be heard.