Death Bed - 3 (Tobin)

ENDING 2

"Why don't we go somewhere, have a little chat for a second," he tells me and I just follow him towards an empty room not thinking anything of it

"Take a seat Tobin," He tells me and I do as he says my eyebrows furrowing in confusion

"What's going on the doc, is everything okay with Skylar?" I ask worried something happened.

"Tobin, Skylar was a lot sicker than she let on." He tells me and I feel my heart drop at what he's starting to tell me.

"Last night we took her off the all the support she was receiving, the drugs and medicine was shut off" He carries on saying

"w-what are you saying doc" I stutter out praying he isn't going to say what I think he is

"When we pulled the plug on everything we expected her life to end, her body was too weak to keep itself going and she didn't want her last dying memory to be of you crying by her bedside as she passed away," He says and a little bit of hope comes back.

"Is she okay then, she's alive, that's what you're saying right?" I ask him my voice full of pure hope

"yes but barely Miss Heath, her body is fighting hard to keep itself alive, she may have been ready to go but her body certainly wasn't, we're doing everything we can to keep her comfortable but right now she has slipped into a coma and doesn't show any signs of waking up soon." He tells me sadly.

She's in a coma? How is that possible I saw her yesterday and she was chatting to me with a smile on her face listening to me talk about my prank with Sonnett.

"I can take you to go see her if you'd like?" He asks me and I don't have the voice to reply but nod my head.

He leads me out the room and I follow aimlessly behind not knowing what I'm about to go in and see in front of me.

"She does look quite pale Miss Heath, but she is alive," The doctor tells me as the door is pushed open and my girlfriend is revealed lying life less on the hospital bed.

"Skylar" I whisper out her name even though I know she can't hear me

"I'll leave you be miss, she did want me to give you this though" he tells me and hands me over a piece of paper

He goes before I can say anything in return leaving me in silence with my dying girlfriend in front of me. The ring in my pocket seems to weigh me down heavily making itself known and how in a few days I would've been down on one knee.

I take it out my pocket and stare at it for a bit wondering to myself what she would have said if I'd gotten the chance.

"It's funny how I was saying yesterday that life's too short and I was going to propose to you," I say to Skylar, taking her cold hand into my own, rubbing my fingers over her knuckles something I always do to soothe her

"Yet here I am being too late to do it" I mutter out staring at her gorgeous face.

"I guess there's no better time now really so Skylar Nielson will you marry me?" I ask my comatose girlfriend not expecting an answer but slipping the ring onto her delicate finger.