The only calm ones around

Being a newcomer into an established team like the US was very frightening for someone like me. I'm usually a shy and keep to myself type of person, I don't like to get myself involved in any dramas or crazy antics but that's pretty difficult to avoid around here.

No matter what corner you turn there's something going on; Kelley and Sonnett either squabbling together or planning a prank, the Harry's running around the corridors whistling to themselves and probably the worst one, catching a couple having a quick make-out session.

However, I do love the team to pieces and I miss them when I go back to play for Arsenal, so I try to not complain too much and seem ungrateful for their company.

Right now it's another day at training and we're just running through some drills but simple drills with us are never normal.

"Kelley O'Hara if you and Sonnett don't stop squirting your water bottles at each other I will make you sit in an ice bath with me" Carli warns the problematic pair

"No thank you Carlos," Kelley tells the captain and the pair decide to head off somewhere else

I continue to send long balls over to Alex in the passing drill we're doing and just try to focus and getting better as a player. I've been at Arsenal for 2 years now but it's only in the last 4 months that I've had a call up to the national team.

I'm the only newcomer in the past year so everyone here is already well established and gotten their places secured but I still have to prove myself and what I can offer if I want to stay around.

Just as I send another long ball to Alex, Tobin intercepts the pass and decides to steal our ball so she can go nutmeg people which causes Alex to run around chasing after her.

I try not to lose my cool and just get on with it but everyone has been really getting in my nerves this camp and I don't know how much longer and can last.

"Hey Kiddo, your looking a bit lost fancy training with me and Lys?" Becky says coming over to me

"I'm not a defender though" I reply not wanting to mess up the drills or anything

"Don't worry about it, we haven't had a chance to probably see your skills yet even though I've watched you at Arsenal" She says as I walk over with her

"You've watched my Arsenal games?" I say in surprise not thinking any of them here watched the league in the UK

"Of course, after the last camp I wanted to see how you played so I make sure to catch a game whenever I can but the time difference can be a pain sometimes," The veteran says to me and I try to fight off the small on my face.

"I'm glad you're here Emma, I need someone who can actually hit a ball hard at me," Alyssa says jokingly as I come over

"Oh I can show you a hardball if you want Lys and I'll make sure it hits you right in the face too," Becky says in response to the chuckling keeper

"what do you want me to do then?" I ask the pair

"Just some simple stuff really, you pass the ball the Becks and shell feed it off for you to take a shot at," Alyssa says and I nod my head happily liking the sound of that.

I take one of the many balls by me and feed it off to Becky who lays it off to her right and I sent a power shot to the bottom left corner past Alyssa's fingers.

"Nice shot Kiddo!" Becky says high-fiving me as run back past her

We continue to go through different drills; volleys, long-range shots, close range, 1-on-1 defending, basically anything and everything we can do with a keeper, defender and striker.