Meeting the Family (Mal)

"are you ready to go babe?" Mal asks me as she finishes tieing her laces.

"Nope," I say but stand up anyways and wipe the sweat off my palms.

"Stop worrying babe please, the girls are all excited to meet you, you've met them all on the pitch anyways" She says trying to comfort me

"They could just be saying that because they're want to lure me in and then kill me," I say maybe a little exaggerated but I'm panicking okay!

"How are you still funny when you're nervous," Mal says chuckling as she walks over to me

"just my natural talent" I reply winking at her.

"we've been dating for two years now Ava and I couldn't hide it from the team any longer, do you know how many times I get asked at camp if I'm seeing someone!" Mal exclaims throwing her hands up in the air making me smile

"a lot I know, but I was more than happy you telling the team you were dating someone," I say back

"I know baby, but as soon as I did it would mean non stop pestering to meet you and I wanted it to just be us for a while," She says wrapping her arms around my waist while I let mine drape over her shoulders

"and I've loved every second I get to spend with you babe," I say and kiss her on the lips sweetly

"come on let's get going you, " she says and grabs my hand pulling me out the door before I can protest.

You see, Mal and I have been dating for just over two years now since we both met when we joined UCLA together. I'm originally from England and was offered a scholarship to play football over here which I jumped at the chance of doing.

That's how I met Mal, we were put together to be roommates and we just clicked straight away, she'd help explain all the confusing things over in America and I'll explain what's different back in the UK.

It didn't take long for us to realise that we liked the other more than friends and we soon found ourselves going out on 'dates' and cuddling late at night watching movies on the bed.

After some meddling from the rest of the team locking us in our room until we confessed our feelings, we eventually got together and I've never looked back since.

She's always there when I get a little homesick or stressed over the mass amount of work I have to do but I'm always there for her too when she starts to doubt herself or panics over not doing well in a match. We complete each other.

Being in the same College together has been a blessing but we both play for our country so unfortunately, Mal is off travelling a lot with the US and when she's back my camp usually takes place too.

We make it work though, facetime calls and texts to fill the other in on how our days have been going. It usually ends up with us both trying to help the other with our homework while away though.

We manage to hide our relationship for a while, only our team and her family know about us but Mal left her phone out by accident at the last camp and all the girls saw that Mal had my name under 'Baby' and figured that she's dating someone.

I still haven't told the England girls because I know Steph would go full mama bear mode on Mal and that's not what I need right now, so for the time being it's just Mals teammates who are going to know.

They are currently playing some friendly games here in California so Mal decided to just stay in her dorm instead of the team hotel, her reasoning was so she could still go to class but it was just so she could stay with me for longer and I don't mind that at all.