Chapter 9

♫♫ Supermarket Flowers by Ed Sheeran ♫♫

"Hey Brooke," Avery said, through the phone

"What's up Avery?" Brooke said, responding.

"Have you heard from mom recently?" Avery asked.

"No why?" Brooke asked.

"I just got a call from her, and she is in the hospital, and she said that she wasn't doing well," Avery said, the sadness in her voice becoming more desperate.

Brooke's heart dropped as she heard the news. She knew how close Avery and their mom were, and she could only imagine the fear and worry that Avery must be feeling right now. 

"Oh god, you know her, always minimizing how she is doing," Brooke said placing her hand on the back of her neck.

"I think we both need to go to Oregon," Avery said, "I can't get there till later this week because of an exam, but is there any way you could try and get there earlier?"

"I would have to figure out who to leave Cove with, sorry just give me a minute- I'll call you right back," Brooke said, trying to think everything over.

"Alrighty I'm going to go buy a ticket, call me back, bye," Avery said.

Brooke hung up the call and just sat, paralyzed on her couch for a moment. If she says she's not doing well, she must be doing really bad. fuck. who could take care of cove?

Pulling out her phone, she called the first person she could think of.

"Hey Brooke," Karl said, "What's up?"

"Is there any way that Cove could come stay with you for a little while, I know that Jimmy is out of town, but you aren't on that video, so I was wondering if you could watch her so I can go see my mom in Oregon, she isn't doing well," Brooke rambled.