Chapter 14

♫♫ Arms Unfolding - Dodie ♫♫

"Brooke, since Dream is with Cove today do you want to go get coffee? We haven't hung out in a few days," Karl said over the phone

"Yeah, that sounds great. Do you just want to meet at Starbucks?"

"Yeah, I'll see you there in 20 minutes." 

---

"Hi, welcome to Starbucks," the barista said as Karl and Brooke walked inside.

 "Hi!" Karl said excitedly.

"Are you guys picking up a mobile order by chance?" she asked.

"Nope, we were hoping to place an order," Brooke said, grabbing her phone out of her purse.

"For sure, what can I get for you guys today?"

"Venti nitro cold brew with the vanilla sweet cream?" Karl asked. Clay always gets the nitro with sweet cream, Brooke thought to herself. 

"The biggest I can do for you for nitro is going to be grande. Is that okay with you?"

"Yah, that's fine," Karl said.

"And what can I get for you?" 

"Could I get a tall caffe vanilla frappuccino, and could I get that with a pump of pumpkin spice?" Brooke asked.

"For sure," the barista said, pressing the buttons on her screen, "Anything else for you today?"

"I think that's all. Can I use stars for one of the drinks?"

"for sure, go ahead and scan your card, and the reward, that's going to bring your total down to $4.35, and I'll just charge that to the card. We will call out your name when the drinks are done" The barista said.