Chapter 27

♫♫ Golden - Harry Styles ♫♫

Avery was right. It was an excellent idea for a TikTok, so Brooke pulled out her phone to start recording.

"Is he proposing, or did my best friend take me to get my nails done just for fun," She laughed while flipping the camera so that it would point at her french tip almond-shaped nails. The tips were in her favorite shade of pink.

"Is he proposing, or was I just given his credit card to go shopping with Cove?" she said smiling, pointing the camera towards Cove in her car seat in the back.

"Is he proposing, or is Hannah trying to distract me with shopping all day," Brooke smiled.

Brooke didn't actually think he would be proposing, but Avery thought it would be fun to mess with his fans. Especially since last week, the big rumor that was going around was that she was pregnant. After taking many tests to reassure Clay, she proved she was, in fact, not pregnant.

They had talked about getting married before and what that would mean for them. They both knew they wanted to get married and planned on getting engaged. They just weren't sure when the proposal should happen. The only thing that Brooke was confident of 100% was that it wasn't happening today. It was their first anniversary—one year since they started over.

Typically, most girls are suspicious on their first anniversary, especially if they have already discussed marriage. But, Clay was busy all day. He was at the Beast Studios helping with another $100,000 competition DreamSMP thing.

The funniest part of this TikTok, at least for Brooke, was that Hannah wasn't the one who was "distracting" her with shopping. Brooke was the one who had suggested that they go shopping. It was because it was September, and Cove had just grown out of her 3T clothes. The weather itself wasn't too bad yet, with the average still around 80 degrees every day; she just knew that fall colors were the color palette that she liked dressing Cove in.