Chapter 26

♫♫ Somebody to You - The Vamps ft Demi Lovato ♫♫

"Are you Nick?" Avery said walking up to the boy sitting at the gate in the Baltimore airport

"Uhh Why?" he responded.

"Well, I've seen you online-"

"Oh, I really would prefer that my fans call me by my online name," He said meekly.

"Well then it's a good thing that I'm not a fan because I don't know your online name," she chuckled, "I'm Brooke's sister."

"Oh shit- I didn't know we were going to be on the same flight," he laughed. "Yah I'm Nick. You're Avery, right? I think I follow you on Instagram."

"Yup, Are you flying out for Cove's birthday or just happen to be going to North Carolina?" She asked, taking the seat next to him

"Well, I originally was going out to see Karl and Jimmy, but Cove and Tucker's party happen to be the same week that I'm out there so I told them I would go.

"Whose kid is Tuckers?" Avery asked.

"Chris and Katies, I think- for sure Chris, I just can't remember his wife's name," Nick said, not confident in his answers.

"Okay," She giggled, even though he didn't make a joke. There was something about him. Something comforting.

"I feel like it's strange that our layover is here?" He said, just making small talk.

"I know, I should've just gotten the flight that connected in Houston because it was a shorter travel time, but it was so much more money, ya know," Avery said recounting why she picked this flight, "And I didn't want to have a 4-hour layover in Houston."

"Which airport was it? Bush or Hobby?" Nick asked.

"Hobby I think why?" 

"Oh I'm from Houston," he said shyly, not wanting to divulge too much information to this girl he just met.

"Wait you're from Houston? I live in Austin!" Avery said excitedly.

"Why are you in Austin, didn't you grow up in Florida?" 

"I go to UT Austin. I wanted to get out of Florida, and my family moved a lot before we were in Florida, and one of my favorite places we lived was Roundrock, So I applied to go to UT Austin, and they happened to give me quite a bit of scholarship," Avery explained. 

"Ahh I was going to school in Houston, living at home, but I'm making enough doing content creation that I am able to do it full time which I love, and in all honestly if I stop making money Dream can be my sugar daddy," He said trying to her laugh again.

He succeeded.

"I wish I could do content creation full time, I just haven't found my niche you know. Like I don't want to be a vlogger but I haven't really thought about other things. I could do challenges but - well that's besides the point. I am passionate about the creation of content I just don't know what content I want to make," Avery rambled.

"Well what are you doing in school, is there a way you could combine that with content creation? my first video was a coding project for a class."

"I'm a psychology major, and I'm not really sure how I would be able to do stuff with that for content creation because I'm not good at explaining things and I don't want to go into the field of academia."

"Well, what would you be doing if you weren't doing content creation?" He asked.

"Well I think I would ideally be a victim advocate, or maybe do social work. If I was going to do clinical psychology I would want to specialize in either ADHD, Anxiety or eating disorders because I am really passionate about those things, as I deal with all of them," Avery said lowering her volume as she went on. Realizing that she had overshared.

"That's really cool. I wish that I was passionate about something like that. I feel like computer science for me was always just a matter of convenience not a matter of passion, ya know?" 

"Yeah I get that, but look where that has gotten you," Avery said smiling.

"Yeah, Maybe find a way to do informative advocacy combined with vlogging or lifestyle content and that could help. I mean your sister is dating a very popular Minecraft YouTuber, and I mean we are friends, so we could do a video together sometime if you wanted." He suggested taking a sip from his Sprite.

NOW BOARDING FLIGHT  220 TO GREENVILLE  SPARTANBURG AIRPORT

"Where is your boarding?" Nick asked.

"B43, I checked in an hour late."

"Ah, Well I'm A1, because I paid for it. Ill save a seat for you though."

"Okay." She smiled. "I'll see you on the plane."

---

"Brooke is out doing last-minute work things with Jimmy, and I have to go pick up the cake and some stuff with Cove, and we are behind with set up and stuff-" Clay said ranting.

"We can help set up if you want us too, just show me where I can drop my luggage off, and I can start setting up the decorations," Avery said, going into "go" mode.

"I'm not sure what to do, but I can listen to Avery," Nick said chuckling at himself.

"Okay you guys can set your stuff down in here ." He led them to one of the guest rooms. "And then all of the decorations and stuff are in the living room. Thank you so much for helping out."

--- 

"So I heard that you and Nick had to help set up," Brooke laughed, standing next to her sister.

"We did, I had a lot of fun though. Hes a pretty cool guy," Avery said smiling, ignoring the heat coming to her face.

"And weren't you guys on the same flight?" Brooke asked, taking a sip of her Truly's

"We were, we just talked about school and career dreams and stuff like that." 

"Aww that's nice. Thank you again for helping set up. I'm going to go mingle with the preschool moms so that Cove will hopefully get invited to more playdates," Brooke sighed.

"Damn motherhood really has changed you."