𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙸𝙸𝙸

A/N: I apologize for not writing in this book a lot. It's been a while, I know. Bare with me, though. I still have a clear idea for this book. I've just been busy.

𝙵𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐...
.
.
.
𝙻𝚘𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚍.
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹 - 𝚂𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚌𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝙱𝚕𝚘𝚌𝚔

"Ugh, more of those weird statues." Petra complained to no one in particular.

"At least they aren't doing that creepy head thing." Jesse responded as the group walked down the hall.
At the end of it was another door that Jesse needed to punch with the gauntlet to unlock.

When he punched it, the door opens to reveal more stairs.
Just before Y/N was about to comment on it, something similar to a zombie groan was heard from behind them.

"That's a bad sound." Jack commented, looking back.
Y/N jumped as she saw that the statues had begun to shift to life, moving from their previous positions and turning to face the group. Lumbering towards them quickly, Jesse turned back around and ushered everyone into the stair room just a before the door closed.

Petra took a few steps towards the now closed door.
"I don't get it! What are they?!" She shouted in confusion.
"They're kinda zombie shaped. They sort of sound like zombies, but those are definitely not zombies!"

Jesse took a look up the stairs, deciding to climb them.
Everyone else soon followed.

Y/N couldn't quite see what was up ahead, considering she was one of the last to climb up. Besides Nurm. But when Jesse speed-walked forward, she knew something had to be good.
"Oh, wow. Wow!"

Y/N marveled at the sight before her. The inside of the temple!
"Y/N, Vos, Nurm, we did it. We're inside!" Jack pronounced her excitement.

Y/N gave a toothy grin. This is what she loved so much about this. Adventuring. The thrill of finding a new place to explore, the discovery of new things, gaining treasure. All of it is what she craved.

Truth be told, she didn't really like the concept of settling down right now. However, considering her friends were doing so, she didn't have much of a choice if she wanted to stay with them. She only really wanted to settle once she had a partner.

A partner?
Y/N's face fell, smile fading.
A partner..? She never really thought about who she'd be with in the future. She had crushes before, but those mainly went away once she hit adulthood. She was actually questioning if she was aromatic at one point. She figured she wasn't, just hadn't found the right person yet.

But when will that person come?
Thoughts swarmed in her head. She was already in her thirties and didn't have anyone?
Soon she'd have gray hair...
What if nobody liked her as she aged?
What if—

"Hey, Y/N!"
Jesse's voice brought her out of her thoughts.

She looked around. She had been standing at the entrance, just staring off.
"Oh—Er, yeah?" She looked up to see everyone else examining some symbols engraved into the wall.

"You coming?"
Jesse gestured for her to come up to the platform where everyone was. T/N nodded and quickly hurried up the stairs.

By time she had arrived, the group was crowded around another platform.

"Guys? Wh-"
Y/N noticed two blocks.

'Those must be the structure blocks!' She thought in her head.

"That symbol! It looks just like the one we saw underground..." Jesse trailed off.
Suddenly, everyone looked down at Jesse's gauntlet when it lit up. A menacing teal blue glow.