𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙸𝚅

𝙵𝚒𝚕𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐...
.
.
.
𝙻𝚘𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚍.
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺 - 𝙲𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝙱𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚖𝚜

Walking back into town, Y/N felt like she was on top of the world. Side by side with the hero in residence and her best friends. Plus Petra and Vos, of course.
She wanted to skip out on the celebration and go straight home to bed, but Nurm asked her to stay with them for just a little longer.

"Jesse! Jesse! Jesse!" The crowd chanted in Jesse's honor.
A fangirl that stood next to Y/N let out a loud scream.
"I love you, Jesse!" She yelled and Y/N winced at the noise. The young girl seemed to have no self awareness as she jumped up and down, waving.

"And I thought I was obnoxious sometimes..." She mumbled to herself. Thankfully, nobody heard her.

"Hrrmmm" (You're jealous, aren't you?) Nurm had snuck up beside Y/N and spooked her a fair bit.
"Gah! Nurm, you gotta quit doing that."

Nurm chuckled and put a hand on her shoulder. "Hrm hmmm, her hm humm?" (No, but seriously. What's with you moping over here all grouchy?)
"I'm not being 'grouchy', Nurmie. I'm just drop dead tired at the moment with a pounding headache. If you were me right now, you would be 'grouchy' too."
Nurm shrugged and turned back to face Jesse and the crowd. Y/N crossed her arms and did the same.
She felt as if she was a bit rude, so she figured she'd apologize later.

Y/N expected Jesse to say something to feed his ego while he was up there, but what he said surprised her.
"It's like I'm always telling people—teamwork makes the dream work! Thanks to all my friends, we brought this amazing treasure back. There's nothing we can't do together!"

Jesse raised his arms, preparing to place the block down to show everyone. The crowd parted quickly.
"Happy founding day everyone, and you're welcome." In a flash of light, the obsidian wall appeared in front of the block.

Y/N felt a tap on her shoulder and looked over to see Jack, Petra, and Nurm. "Hey, Y/N. We're gonna head home. Me and Vos were planning on starting another expedition soon so we're going to plan it. It's up to you if you wanna come with, but I know you could use a nap."

Y/N's eyes lit up at the concept of sleep, but also at the possibility of another adventure. "Depends on when you're leaving. I need sleep first, but I'd probably go if it's a bit later."

"Hm, alright. We're going to go meet up with Vos first before we head home." Jack responded. Y/N nodded and they began walking.

After around a minute, Y/N jumped when she heard a voice from behind the group. She recognized it as Jesse's.
"Not bad, right? I think they really liked it!"

Petra turned around to respond. "Yeah, they did! Guess you've really still got it."
Jack faced Jesse next. "Yeah, other than having half the number of eyes I had when we left, I'd call that a rousing success."
"Yeah, that part's—uh—not the best." Y/N chipped in.

Jesse have an apologetic look. "Jack, I'm so sorry. I was really sure you had it back there."
"I don't blame you. I thought so too. Just as frustrated with myself." Y/N put a hand on Jack's shoulder when he finished.

"Oh, Jack! I—uh—Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt. I was just coming to get Jack." Vos had walked up from behind the group, startling Y/N's sleep-deprived brain even more.

"No, no. You're fine, friend." Jack started and faced Jesse. "Vos, Y/N, and I were just heading to the shop to start planning our next expedition."
With that, they turned around and began to walk in the direction of the house.
"You comin', Petra?" Jack asked.
"In a little bit. I'm still hanging with Jesse for now."