Chapter 27

I'm a little shocked at how normal Jay's room is when compared with the rest of the house. I mean they had a freaking medium-sized movie theater for God's sake. And an Olympic-sized swimming pool. And a basketball court.

His navy blue walls have white chair rail running the entire length of the room, which, by the way, is huge. And by huge, I mean it's big enough for him to have a king sized bed, two dressers, a desk, and a mid-size couch in there. His bed with a blue and white striped comforter on it is sets against the wall adjacent to the door, and his black leather couch sits at the foot of the bed, facing a colossal flatscreen mounted on the wall.

As I walk across the crisp, white carpet, I spot two doors on either side of the television. I peek into the nearest one. His bathroom is almost the size of my room. An all glass shower sits in one corner while the vanity stretches across the wall opposite the shower. Not much is on the counter, just a few basics like a toothbrush and a thing of toothpaste. "Are you just going to stare at my bathroom for the rest of the night or are you going to help me pick out clothes?" Jay appears at my. Or has he been there the entire time?

"I don't know," I gaze over at him, giving him a once-over. "I'm thinking the bathroom looks better than you."

He rolls his eyes and wraps his arms around my shoulders, tugging me flat against him. I can't move my arms because he's constricting them with his embrace, but I can move my hands slightly, so I snake them around to his back pockets and shove them in. He looks a little caught off guard at my hand placement, but his surprise fades into delight and his eyes regain that electric blue that only comes around when he's extremely happy or turned on.

Considering our current position, pressed against each and alone in his huge house, I would guess he's the latter of the two.

I lean in and give him a quick peck on the mouth, leaving him wanting more, which is clearly evidenced by the husky tone that his voice takes on when he says, "Really now?"

"Yes, really." I slide my hands out of his pockets and wiggle out of his grip, but before I can fully he grabs me by the crook of the elbow and pulls me back, laying a big 'ole sloppy kiss on my lips. Afterward, his hand grazes down my arm, leaving goosebumps behind, and slithers into my hand.

Leading me toward a door in the bathroom I hadn't noticed before, Jay opens it and we spill into his closet. His closet is about the same size as his bathroom only with shelves and a small island in the middle with unfolded clothes scattered everywhere. Releasing his hand from mine, Jay hops up on the island and watches me as I take in all of the different colors and styles of clothes and shoes. An entire little alcove is dedicated to his suits, and that's where I go first.

Thumbing through his ample amount of designer duds, I finally find one that I think would look dashing on him and compliment my dress well. I drop it on the island next the Jay as I pass by him to get to a tie rack in a section of shelving next to his shoes. I spin it around a couple of times for fun, but I do eventually find a tie that matches the blue of my dress perfectly. I throw it at Jay from across the room as I move on to shoes.

I hold up a pair of simple black ones for Jay to approve of, but he simply shakes his head. "I don't like those. They're uncomfortable."

I frown at him before I put them back. I snag another pair, almost identical, and am met with a nod. "Those'll work." I hand them to him as I cross him once again to get a dress shirt. I pluck one at random because I just need a white one, and I set it under the jacket of his suit just so he won't forget which one I approved.

"Finished?" Jay asks with a bored look on his face, eyes faded back to the pale blue. Apparently, he's not as turned on by his clothes as I am. Though I will say his clothes turn me on even more when they're not on him.