Water Slides | Dotae

Pair: Dotae (Doyoung x Taeyong) - romantic

Genre: fluff

Warnings: none

Small Summary: Doyoung and Taeyong go to a water park during a hot summer day in order to cool off.

Requested by: hyxckcinth

_____________________________

Doyoung laid on the cool, grey tile of his kitchen floor, his cheek pressed and smushed against the ground. His eyes drifted open and closed in a lazy motion and he grimaced at the feeling of sweat sticking his t-shirt to the skin of his back. He reached a hand up and pulled up at it, relishing in the slight gust of air the brushed against his hot skin as a result.

It was the middle of summer and Doyoung was suffering as a result of the sickening heat, the sun relentless in its brutal attack against the human race. Even the open window resting above the sink did little to draw and coax a breeze; rather, inciting the sound of cicadas and distant car horns.

A soft ring sounded and Doyoung turned his head to look at his cellphone which was resting on the ground just ahead of him. His hand moved to tilt the screen towards him, a satisfactory sound of approval leaving his mouth as he read the contact and pressed the accept button.

"It's hot as shit," Doyoung groaned out in a tired tone as a way of greeting and a sound of agreement sounded on the other side of the phone.

"You can say that again," his boyfriend's voice said in that same drained tone, causing a sort burst of laughter from the both of them.

Lee Taeyong was Doyoung's best friend - had been ever since the fourth grade - and was now his boyfriend of two years. They were both freshly graduated high school seniors, this summer the last one before they head off for their respective colleges or universities. It was sad but the couple hadn't yet had their moment of true realization so they continued as they always had without any lingering feelings of sadness.

"Wanna do something? I'm bored and I've got nothing to do," Taeyong mumbled and Doyoung flipped onto his back, the cool tiles pressing against skin in a refreshing manner. Some sweat had stuck to the ground and when Doyoung pulled his phone away from his face to look curiously at the screen, he saw that, that too, had sweat sticking on the screen.

"We better not be doing anything too high energy, remember when we played tennis the other day and I fainted?" Doyoung questioned and Taeyong laughed, muttering a small 'yeah' in remembrance, "Yeah, let's not repeat that."

"Alright alright," Taeyong went silent for a moment, both pondering what to do while Doyoung stared blankly at his ceiling, "Ice cream? The mall? Uhh...oh!"

Doyoung winced at the loud exclamation, pulling his ear away from the phone before bringing it back. "What?"

"That waterpark near us opened a couple of days ago! We should totally go!" Taeyong's voice had raised a drastic amount, clearly more awake now than he had been earlier and Doyoung let out a small laugh, glancing at the clock. It was only a little past noon, they would have a decent amount of time even if they got there in an hour. Besides, from how excited Taeyong had gotten he would have gone if they only had thirty minutes to spend.

"Alright, sounds like a plan," Doyoung sat up, sticking his tongue out at the effort that it had taken him, "I'll meet you outside in ten minutes." Taeyong was quick to affirm the plans and shout out a quick 'I love you' before the call went dead. "I love you too doofus," Doyoung muttered, reaching up to grab the kitchen counter to help counter gravity.