Night Drives | Renmin

Pair: Renmin (Renjun x Jaemin) - Romantic

Genre: fluff and angst, high school au

Warnings: none

Small Summary: Renjun, Jeno, Jaemin, and Donghyuck all spend a regular night at Donghyuck's house before going home.

____________________

"Why aren't they coming? I rang the...oh wait I don't think I press the doorbell," Jeno laughed and Renjun rolled his eyes, turning to the side to look off to the right of Donghyuck's house porch. He was still amazed that his friend lived in such an expensive area, with Jeno living only down the street.

"Ding dong," Renjun muttered absentmindedly and looked back towards the front door with an elaborate gold knocker resting on it, Jeno laughing a little to himself at his own stupidity. Seconds passed and Renjun frowned, giving Jeno a skeptical look at the lack of response.

Then suddenly the door opened, revealing not the two friends that completed their friend group but rather Donghyuck's brother, Mark. The older's hair was ruffled and he stepped to the side, scratching at his stomach as the duo walked into the house.

"Hey guys, what's up?" He asked and Renjun didn't answer, instead looking around the foyer before turning to close the door behind him.

"We're good Mark, where are the other two?" Jeno asked and Mark pointed up the flight of stairs in front of them.

"Upstairs."

Jeno thanked the boy and Mark wandered off to the right where the kitchen, dining room and living room were all conjoined in a wide open space. Sitting at one of the counters dividing the dining room and the living room was Donghyuck's mom who looked over her shoulder and smiled at the two boys. Jeno and Renjun were on the first couple steps when she called out.

"Sorry guys, I was waiting for the other two to answer the door," she called out and Renjun smiled and nodded politely. He didn't know the other's mother very well and he had an inkling that she didn't like him much. Maybe because he was the only gay one in their friend group but hey, those were just theories.

"Oh it's okay, I hope you're doing well," Jeno replied back easily, then moving to continue up the staircase and Renjun followed after echoing the polite statement. They looked towards Donghyuck's bedroom which was empty before deciding to head to the loft which was through the parent's bedroom.

As they walked closer, Renjun and Jeno heard the TV playing and a soft conversation occurring between Jaemin and Donghyuck. Renjun motioned for the other to stop, wanting to hear what the two were talking about. Jeno stopped but the younger motioned for Renjun to come closer, the older of the two frowning at what Jeno seemed so pleased about.

"We're going to scream on three, okay?" the younger grinned and Renjun rolled his eyes again before nodding, the duo creeping towards the room. "One...two....three!" Jeno whispered and the duo let out loud screams as they jumped around the corner.

Donghyuck practically launched himself into the air, letting out a girlish scream as Jeno and Renjun dissolved into laughter. Then Renjun's eyes went to Jaemin who was sitting down on a swinging chair in the far corner. His hand was resting on his chest and he was smiling, giving the two of them a wide-eyed but amused look.

"God you're horrible for that," Donghyuck muttered but Renjun just laughed again as he walked over to where Jaemin was sitting. Art supplies were spread out over the table that was in front of him, the majority of it being sewing materials and pins.

"These for your art project?" Renjun asked as he moved to stand in front of where Jaemin was sitting, picking up the pin cushion which has pins pushed into it in the formation of small flowers. Jaemin's arm wrapped around Renjun's waist and tugged the older closer to him, startling Renjun as he gave the younger a surprised look.