Why? | Renyang

Pair: Renyang (Renjun x Yangyang) Budding Romance

Genre: Slice of Life

Warnings: none

Small Summary: A story in which a boy who doesn't have the care or time for anyone meets a boy who can't understand why his relationships keep failing.

Requested by: XIULUVBOT

__________________

[Act 1, Scene 1]

The piercing scream of an unhappy alarm shot through Yangyang's ears as he was jolted from his deep sleep, a half-controlled hand slipping from under his covers to grab his phone. He blinked his eyes open blearily, squinting at the bright phone screen as he pressed the 'stop' button, letting out a sigh of relief once the noise was no longer assaulting him. 

His eyes drifted back closed, his curtains blocking out the early morning light so his room was encapsulated in darkness. There was no will in Yangyang's body to pull him from under the warm covers, not even the impending threat of being late for his first class of the day. 

Yet somehow, someway, Yangyang found his feet stumbling down the hallway to burst into the kitchen. Throat desperate for some water - before the inevitable cup of coffee of course - his fingers slid gracefully around a medium-sized glass before he tugged it from it's rightful spot on the wooden shelves of his cabinet. It was another Monday. 

So thus the college student, college senior to be precise, was soon on his way in his normal Monday routine. The air was thick with the morning smell of the dew on the grass, wisps of fog brushing along the concrete sidewalk and through the lightly rustling leaves of the ever-so-tall trees. 

Sometimes, only sometimes, Yangyang liked to listen to music as he walked down the street, his home now in an apartment off-campus but still in close proximity with the college grounds themselves. He normally listened to classical, occasionally throwing in the odd J-pop song that one of his friends recommended to him. 

He wasn't a fan of the sappy romantic pop songs; the ballads; the songs saturated in messages about love or heartbreak. In fact, Yangyang didn't care much for love at all. He was in his last year of college, had an internship with a computing security company, and was working part-time at a tea shop. 

No, he didn't care much for love at all. 

Nor did he have the time for any relationships of any sorts -- his friends ceaselessly poking and prodding him for when he was free and when he could hang out with them. The answer? Certainly, almost never, quite rarely -- yes. 

Checking his watch before ruffling his light brown hair, the 22-year-old shifted his jacket more tightly around his torso, those same wisps of light fog beginning to curl over him. He picked up his pace, the lecture hall doors coming into view off to his far left. 

Another normal, routine Monday. Just how he liked it. 

__________________________

[Act 1, Scene 2]

Renjun's eyes danced along with the pulsating colors flashing around the dance club, his fingers interlocking around a glass cup that was held tightly against his chest. The thundering yet exciting music thrummed in his ears and across his sweaty skin, most certainly deafening any words that would have been trying to get through to him.

Although it wasn't like anyone was there to talk to him, regardless of the fact that he had arrived at the club with his boyfriend and his boyfriend's friends. The dark blueish liquid in his drink sloshed as he picked his pay through the crowd, sliding against the odd person and having to shake his head in declination of a dance by several people. It was a normal Friday.