Baseball Bats | Yutae

Pair: Yutae (Yuta x Taeyong) - Platonic

Genre: Fluff, bros being bros, high school AU

Warnings: uh, cursing? Does that count?

Small Summary: As two star players on their school's baseball team, both Yuta and Taeyong are extremely close. This friendship, of course, is special and leads to many incidents and shenanigans.

Requested by: hyxckcinth

____________________________

Taeyong scrunched his nose, letting out a soft breath as a bead of sweat dripped down the side of his face until it disappeared off of his chin. The sharp smell of sweat and dirt filled his nostrils and his practice jersey clung tightly to his flushed body, although the uncomfortable feeling was far from the most prominent thing on his mind.

Letting out a controlled breath then inhaling sharply, Taeyong drew his arns back and took a small step forward, whipping his arms down and around. A crack echoed around the open field and shouts began to ring through the air as the bat slipped from Taeyong's hands, his cleats already digging into the perfectly racked dirt.

His legs screams with exertion, already exhausted from the extensive practice that was close to ending. His foot dung into the front left corner of first base, his eyes glancing briefly to the center fielder picking the ball up from where it had landed by the fence. He might not make it.

Arms pumping furiously by his sides, Tayeong leaned back to the point where his left hand was scraping against the dirt, his right leg extended out in front of him while the other tucked under his body. Sliding towards the base, the dirt turned up where his legs came into contact with it, a cloud of dust rising just as his foot hit the rubber base.

Silence. And then-

"Safe!"

Groans filled the infield and outfield while cheers rose from the dug out. Taeyong smiled, making sure to keep his foot on the base as he stood up, dusting himself off. He glanced briefly at his hand to see it looking a bit red, but it wasn't a serious injury.

"You were lucky this time Lee," a grumble sounded from next to him and Taeyong shot a teasing smile at the silver-haired second baseman who was sending him an amused look, tossing the baseball back to the pitcher.

"Yeah right, that's just pure talent Nakamoto," Taeyong responded cooly, jumping slightly as a hand came down on his ass. He shot a glare at the boy who was looking away innocently, even including a whistling tune while Taeyong rubbed his stinging skin.

Practice went smoothly from there, Taeyong's white baseball pants slowly becoming an off-white and, by the time he was tugging them off in the locker room, there was no indication that they had ever been white. Pulling out a pair of shorts and putting them on, Taeyong had his shirt off when someone leaned against the lockers in front of him, whistling while looking over Taeyong's bare torso.

"Damn Lee if I wasn't straight I would 100% tap that ass," Yuta groaned through his teeth and Taeyong shot him an exasperated look, pulling his spare hoodie over his body. It swallowed his lean frame and Taeyong closed his locker with ease, spinning the locker before grabbing his school bag.

"Yuta, nothing about that statement was straight," Taeyong teased the other and laughed as the other threw his arm around Taeyong's shoulder, ruffling his baby blue hair affectionately. The two boys made their way down the empty school hallway, a couple of the other players milling about here and there.

The fall air was crisp and Taeyong shivered slightly as the wind carassed his legs when they walked out of the school building. It seemed a lot colder than it did during practice. The duo began to make their way down the street, Yuta's arm still resting around Taeyong's shoulders.