Space Boy | Dohyuck

Pair: Dohyuck (Doyoung x Donghyuck) - platonic

Genre: slight angst/slight fluff

Warnings: none

Small Summary: Doyoung is a teenager who works at a planetarium. He has an infinite amount of knowledge about space, but he isn't incredibly passionate it. Cue Donghyuck, a boy with a plushie alien key chain on his backpack who stops by the planetarium every day but has yet to talk to Doyoung or enter the viewing chamber.

Requested by: @/rei_pxn

_________________________

"Looks like he's back."

The soft, slightly judgmental whisper caressed Doyoung's ears and he let out a small huff, watching a familiar boy wandered into the lobby of the planetarium. His co-worker made the same comment almost every day and Doyoung was soon tiring of the repeated statement.

The black-haired boy shifted in his seat at the front desk of the planetarium, leaning his head against his hand as he regarded the familiar boy with a blank stare. The room was bathed in a twilight blue, the navy carpeted floors reflecting little of the light that was left. His co-worker tapped his shoulder, both exchanging tired 'good-byes' as the other left, his shift now over.

Doyoung watched his co-worker leave through the double glass door at the front of the building before directing his gaze back towards the boy. He paid no attention to Doyoung, or rather he did but he didn't want to talk. That, of which, Doyoung was completely fine with. He'd rather not engage in conversation at such a late hour in the day.

The unenthusiastic high-school student looked down at the text book in front of him, glancing briefly over at the schedule. The last show had been an hour ago, and now the galleries were open for people to view. This wouldn't have bothered Doyoung nearly as much as if the boy hadn't routinely walked over to the closed chamber doors and stared at them without saying a word.

The boy was young, younger than Doyoung at least. Maybe by a year or two. He always wore jeans, and then those jeans were usually paired with a sweater or a hoodie with a light jacket thrown over it. It was nearing winter now so that wasn't unusual. He always had his backpack on him, as if he had just come from school, and on that backpack was an unusual keychain.

It was plushie alien. Soft as oppose to the harder keychains that clanked against your zippers or caught on your chair and led you to color at the embarrassingly loud noise. It was soft. Green in color with a pink colored stomach and two antennas sticking out of it's cutely shaped head. Despite being of a fabric and not a metal, it always seemed to flicker in the light and catch Doyoung's attention.

The boy's name was unknown to Doyoung, and it wasn't as if the employee was eager to be acquainted with the strange boy. They had never spoken. So they would never speak. It was like a strange mutual agreement to not speak to each other.

The unknown yet familiar boy came around an hour from closing every day, although it varied slightly. He stayed until closing, then walked out without another word. He was a strange kid. But Doyoung didn't really mind, as long as it didn't negatively affect him.

So the days went on with situations much like this:

1 - Doyoung arrived for his nightshift and would make his way through his homework while working at the front desk. Occasionally he had a shift in the planetarium and spent the last event of the night guiding those interested through space and its contents.

2 - His co-worker would bug him. Then, an hour before closing, he would lean over with his foul-smelling breath and whisper "Looks like he's back" and then leave within the minute.