A Dare | Yuwin

Pair: Yuwin (Yuta x Winwin) 

Genre: fluff/angst

Warnings: none

Small Summary: Nakamoto Yuta is famous for his pursuit of Dong Sicheng, a student beloved by the student populous who is clearly disinterested in the other. What happens when Sicheng is dared to ask the other out? 

Requested by: tyongf26

_________________________

Lukewarm air brushed over Sicheng's bare arms, his t-shirt ruffling in the 'beginning of the spring' wind. The sun was addicting and he let out a happy sigh, falling backwards onto the grass from his sitting position. The clouds passed slowly overhead and he lifted his hand up in a lethargic manner, his tan skin blotting out an area of the electric baby blue sky.

The shadow of his hand fell across his eyes, followed by the dark silhouette of a person whose face was obscured by the sun. Sicheng moved his hand to block the bright rays from affecting his eyesight, smiling when his friend's face came into view. 

"Come on man, we've got class," Lucas' eyes twinkled brightly, his hand reaching down to pull Sicheng to his feet. The influx of students' voices became clearer as he tuned into the world around him, his gaze turning to look at the school building sitting behind him. 

He tended to get to school early, opting to spend that free time out in the front courtyard as the weather grew warmer. It was a welcomed relaxation before the dragging and work-filled school day commenced. 

"Ms. Heein's homework killed me," Sicheng groaned out and Lucas let out a noise of agreement, swinging his arm around Sicheng's shoulders as they joined in the crowd of students which were streaming through the school's front doors. "Did you get C for number 4?" 

"Which question was that one?" Lucas asked, furrowing his eyebrows and Sicheng proceeded to describe the question, the conversation flowing from there. The duo had their first four classes together so they were in no rush to end their conversation, walking through the halls in routine manner. Soft and brief greetings were pushed towards them, Lucas and Sicheng echoing back the polite yet energetic greetings. 

But, even if this was a habitual feeling of relaxation, his school days also included an element of surprise. 

Nakamoto Yuta.

Turning into his first class - Astronomy - to make direct eye contact with a boy lounging on top of his desk. His face colored and his ears burned, everyone in the class watching his reaction as per usual. Sicheng just decided to get it over with, Lucas' arm falling from his shoulders as he walked towards the boy who was twirling a rose between his fingers. 

Nakamoto Yuta was in the grade above him, and yet that did nothing to halt the older's advances. Sicheng wasn't even sure what he had that drew the older student to him, but he wished that whatever it was he could get rid of it. There was nothing he hated more than public embarrassment and Yuta's constants pursuits always seemed to throw him into situations he'd rather not be in. 

"Good morning Winwin," Yuta declared with his special nickname just for the younger, holding out the flower towards him with a dramatic flourish of his hand. Sicheng let out a huff, taking the flower from the other and making extra sure that they didn't accidentally brush fingers. 

"Good morning Yuta," he sighed out, adverting his eye contact. He didn't like the other's advances, but he was a nice kid. He never wanted to hurt someone, and that was one of the reasons that most of the student populous liked him -- they always knew that he would never gossip about them or exhibit rude behavior. "Don't you have class?"