Chapter 9: The 'Firsts': Asking Him Out

"Morning Husk."

"Hey Champ," he greeted the wolf, offering him a beer "a little early for a drink don't you think?"

"Oh please, don't you drink like 3 bottles of booze every morning?" he playfully countered "I actually came to check on you."

"Check on me, what for? As you can see I'm awake, and I'm sober for once." he replied, leaving Lucca less than pleased with his sarcasm.

"I meant I wanted to see how you were taking this. (Y/N)'s redemption process, doesn't it bother you that he might be leaving Hell for good?" he asked, making the cat go silent "I'll take that sudden silence as a yes. You're going to miss him aren't you?"

"Why the f*** wouldn't I? He's one of the best gamblers I've ever met. He's done some crazy shit to get me out of trouble too, safe to say I owe him."

"You owe me for the trouble or you owe me the money from past games?" you joked as you sat at the bar.

"Still nagging my ass for that cash. Look, it's not my fault you've got a bad poker face (Y/N)."

"Hey, I take offense to that. I've played you under the table more times than you can count." you countered, making him laugh "Seriously though, is me leaving really OK with you?"

"...To be honest no, it's not OK. You're giving up to damn easy on this! How can you be OK with quitting on Blitzø like this?!" he yelled, making you flinch.

"Husk take it easy."

"Nope, he asked so here it is. Never mind our friendship, what about the one you love huh? We sure as hell can't do shit against Stolas, but I know for a fact you've got the balls to take action. So why, why are you just quitting like this?!"

"Because he made up his mind when he left!" you snapped, startling them both "I've tried to call Blitzø almost every day since then. I've texted him, tried video chat, email, Voxtagram, I still got nothing. He's completely cut me off guys, I can't reach him..."

"What about your co-workers, haven't you tried talking to them? Maybe they can help you reach him." Lucca suggested.

"You think I didn't try that? Millie and Moxxie haven't seen him since then, no one has. I tried so hard you guys, I tried so hard to protect him, to keep him happy everyday. And what do I get from all of that hard work? He leaves because he was afraid."

"Or are you the one that's afraid?" Lucca asked.

"Excuse me, are you calling me a coward wolf boy?" you growled.

"Hey, take it down a notch guys--"

"As a matter of fact I am. I can tell by looking at you, you're scared to lose him. And yet here you are trying to get redeemed, that's the equivalent of you leaving him behind. You do know that right?"

"Of course I know that!" you pound your fists on the counter, tears streaming down your face "D-Do you really think I'm OK with this, with him letting his fear get the best of him?! What the hell else can I do Lucca? He won't talk to me, he doesn't even want to see me again! I...I have nothing without him, I loved him so much. I did everything right, and he was the one that left. You don't know how much that hurts!" you cried, resting your head on the counter. You could feel a comforting hand rest on your shoulder.

"All I'm saying is this, if you really love someone, you have to be willing to fight for them." Lucca said before leaving.

"He's got a point kid, and you can forget what Al said. It ain't too late to back out, sad to say this hotel doesn't work for everyone. You can still--"