Chapter 11: Heavenly Assistance

"I'm surprised you're out and about Box. Won't you get in trouble for hanging out with me like this?" Blitzø asked as he sipped his iced coffee.

"It's alright, Master Stolas doesn't even come to this side of the city. Thus making this little cafe the perfect getaway for me. Despite his loss of sanity, I am glad that he trusts me enough to leave the castle on my own accord."

"And Octavia still can't? How long is this 'house arrest' supposed to be in effect? And what kind of b*stard does that to his own daughter?"

"Apparently he does, she can't leave the castle grounds unless one of the other butlers accompanies her from now on. As for how long, I believe he said for another month. She had to stop herself from contacting you as well, a self-imposed safety measure."

"Ah, that explains why she stopped texting me...nor did I think I would ever find myself texting a princess so casually." Blitzø commented, making the butler chuckle.

"Speaking of princesses, have you by any chance heard anything from Princess Charlotte?" he asked, but noticed Blitzø set down his cup. He tapped his claws on the table, briefly looking up at Boxley before staring down at his drink "I should have known, I was trying to hold that question back."

"N-No, it's fine, I just...I've been calling that stupid hotel almost daily since I left. And yet once they answer I hang up."

"What, why?"

"I don't f*cking know! It's like I want to say something, but I don't know what to say. I mean, of course I'm calling for (Y/N) but..."

"But...?"

"What if he's already gone? What if he hates me because I left?"

"Blitzø please--"

"What if he chose to be redeemed?! Wh-What if--?!" He gasped as Boxley slammed his hand on the table, halting his words.

"Blitzø, look at me. (Y/N) loves you too much to leave. I might not have known the man long enough, but I can tell he has a good heart. If anything, I bet every cent I have that he's been thinking of you ever since your sudden departure. And I know you've been thinking about him as well." he said. Blitzø only sighed as he took in his words, looking out the window to watch the busy traffic.

"Someone in Heaven clearly f*cked up when he got sent down here. (Y/N) is the most amazing person to ever come into my life. So amazing he should've been an angel."

"If that were the case then your paths never would have crossed. You never did tell me, how did you both meet?"

"I never told you that story? It was a job gone wrong, Stolas wanted me to take out some unlucky prick for him. The catch is he wanted that prick alive..."

"And you called me in a panic after what happened. I didn't think (Y/N) was a part of that mess." Boxley chuckled before sipping his coffee.

"Hell yeah he was...but I'm glad he messed up that job for me. I never would've seen how good his aim was, or learn how good he is at parkour. To this day I still can't beat him in a race to save my life." he laughed.

"I see my instincts were dead on as usual. You really do miss him, don't you?"

"Do you have to ask? I'll never forget the first extermination we went through, I was at the office I think. He was running late and that's when the alarm went off. It took everyone to hold me back when I said I was going to go find him."

"You were going to look for him, during an extermination?! Pardon my crudeness, but such a move is suicidal! What in the world were you thinking?" Boxley asked, the tone of his voice almost begging for an answer. The imp sighed heavily before looking up at him, a serious expression on his face.