Chapter 6: Sweet Addiction

(A/N: Trigger warning ahead! The following chapter will contain themes of physical violence, forced sex, and a display of toxic obsession. Reader discretion is advised...And I feel like a monster for writing this chapter, please don't hate me for this! 😭😓)

═══════•°• 💜🖤💜 •°•═══════

Quick recap, it had been a week since Blitzø decided to close the doors of I.M.P. While you both fled to the Happy Hotel, the others had to hold down the fort by getting new jobs themselves. Like you, they hoped that this arrangement would only be temporary. As for Prince Stolas, he was caught off guard to the company's sudden closing. So while you were both planning to hide...how has he been handling things? Let's find out shall we?

•················· (⚜️) ·················•

The prince paced behind his desk, angrily muttering to himself as he flipped through the photos given to him. Each one of you and Blitzø together made him grit his teeth. As for the ones of you alone, they would either get crumbled or burned in his hand.

"S-Sire, you've been quiet for some time now. Are you alright?" Boxley asked, only to continue watching his master pace "Of course, that's a foolish question to ask. Please forgive me your highness, I only--"

"No, you've done your part well... perhaps too well." he sneered, looking at the photo of you and Blitzø kissing "Tell me Boxley, how long has it been since Blitzy and I last spoke?"

"A few days I imagine, almost a week?"

"I thought so. 7 whole days of him not taking my calls, a week without so much as a text from him, and now I see why." the prince growled, tossing the stack of photos onto his desk with the others "Not one call from his desk phone either, he can't be that busy for me. I can tell, he's hardly been using my grimoire. In fact, it's almost as though he's stopped using it entirely. I haven't felt a single rift from here to the mortal realm in quite some time now. He cares far too much about that company to just neglect his job."

"Oh, yes, about that...That's what I wanted to speak with you about sire." He nervously reached into his bag, pulling out the navy and gold book.

"Boxley...why do you have that? It's not due back to me for another 3 days."

"Y-Yes, I'm aware, however--"

"Were you spotted?" he asked, making the butler cower in fear with his glaring eyes "Answer me damn you! Were you spotted?!" he roared, slamming his fists on the desk.

"No, w-well yes, but I assure you he suspected nothing! He looked rather somber when he approached me, I was surprised he had this on his person. However the reason he asked me to return it is because..." he whimpered as Stolas approached him, feeling as though he were shrinking under his height.

"Why would he give it to you? He is supposed to report directly to me!"

"W-With all do respect sire, this was safer for him. If he were to come here himself Lady Stella would certainly--" he gasped as Stolas grabbed him, lifting him off the ground.

"Never mind what Stella would do! What is going on, why did he give you the grimoire?!"

"H-He said he was taking an extended leave from his company! With them shut down, he figured it would only be fair to return it to you!" he answered, covering his face out of reflex. His silence worried him as he was released, falling to the floor "Sire please, there really is no need for it to sit in an empty building. Plus you can't see to your own duties without--"