Chapter 3: The Skeptical Prince/The Truth

It was another day for Stolas. After his morning coffee he would often walk his garden for some fresh air. However, this morning is different. This time he found himself in his study staring out the window, pondering about Blitzø's strange behavior. Although he seems hesitant about his advances, he's never had the imp fully decline him before. Even with their current 'agreement', not once has he backed down.

"I have your evening tea as you requested sire." The butler entered with a cart of vibrant treats, however he noticed his master showed him no attention "Master Stolas, are you alright? Are you not feeling well?"

"What? Oh, hello Boxley, I'm fine...however, I'm starting to think there's something wrong with Blitzø."

"What makes you say that sire?"

"The other day he seemed a tad...off."

"Well you did show up at his office unannounced. I don't wish to speak out of school when I say this, but perhaps your sudden presence caught him off guard." He suddenly tensed up, receiving a stern side glance from his master.

"I didn't just 'show up' as you assumed. Remember my brief outing? I was on my way to I.M.P., I called him well before I arrived. Despite the conversation we had just had, he still sounded and looked quite surprised to see me."

"After a phone call like that who wouldn't be?" the butler muttered.

"What was that?"

"N-Nothing at all sire, but if he knew you were coming then why would he be so frazzled? He should be used to your visits by now."

"That's what I'm going to find out. It's almost 9:30, meaning I.M.P. is about to open. It shouldn't take long for me to get to the bottom of this. Have the car ready at once, let's see if that 'cold' of his is still acting up." Meanwhile at the office, Blitzø sat at his desk, staring down at what should be the new schedule for the upcoming week. After yesterday's encounter, he didn't want to take anymore chances of you and Stolas crossing paths again.

"Hey Blitzø, I got those forms you...Are you still working on the schedule for next week? You've been over it like 10 times, it should've been posted hours ago." Loona commented, placing the stack of papers on the desk.

"I know, but yesterday really freaked me out. That's the first time they've met, and (Y/N) just had to ask how he knew me!" he whimpered, letting his head hit the desk "I cut it way too close, I can't risk them talking to each other again."

"Dude, that doesn't mean that you force your fiance to work nights for a full week. To be honest, there really is no point of you doing this. Stolas pretty much stops by whenever he wants, morning or evening."

"Nope! Some days he can't come all together on account of his wife. She's been keeping closer tabs on him ever since she caught us."

"You mean ever since you fell of the balcony?" she asked, much to his irritation as he recalled the incident.

"The point I'm trying to make is this, I can't risk (Y/N) bringing up the wedding to him. If he found out we were engaged--"

"Oh please, whatever happened to 'he'll never find out about the wedding'? Until you get your shit together, there shouldn't be a wedding!" she yelled. Blitzø gripped his pen tightly, the casing starting to crack.

"Loona, I am not in the mood for this argument again. Can you not start this right now?"

"Too bad, because you keep bringing it upon yourself. He hardly even knew about (Y/N) to begin with, so why the sudden paranoia huh? It only took what, 5 years for it to finally kick in?!" she growled, Blitzø turning around in his chair to face the window "Don't ignore me Blitzø, I know you've been worried about this since day one!"