Everblooming Carnations

!! Spoiler Warning !!
Traveler Lore
*Not 100% Correct

— in which when Lumine was with the Abyss Order, the price she had to pay was that she would have to forget everything about her twin. Little by little, until no memories remain when she wakes up.

“Who.. who are you, really? Why does my heart ache when I see tears falling from your eyes?”

Everblooming Carnations
- Lunime and Aether -

“Please come back with me, Lumine! I'm sorry for not being there for you, I'm sorry to not have found you sooner!” Aether begged, hugging his sister's legs.

He was afraid, so afraid of losing her right after he could finally hold her in his arms, forgetting how messed up the world is for just a second. After all this time, Aether only wanted to give her the love he couldn't for the past few years.

His dearest sister, the one he searched for every day and night was finally within his reach. If he could just jump over and tackle her to the ground just like the old times, he would absolutely do that.

But he is the Hero of Teyvat, and she is the Queen of Abyss Order. He yearned for her all along, but she was the one who hurt his friends and killed his loved ones mercilessly during their journey.

As her big brother, he wanted to protect Lumine, and abandon his duty and morality. As the Honorary Knight, he had to punish her for all of her wrongdoings, which he couldn't bear to do.

“I'm sorry for being such a bad, irresponsible big brother! I-I'm so sorry for everything.. Please, Lumine… Please come back with me..

“I can't. I've done a lot of unimaginable things because I believed the people of Khaenri'ah's stories. I believed what they said about humanity, about your friends,”

“It's not too late, Lumine! We can always start over, we can even run away together to the end of the world if you want..!”

“Stop it! Just.. stop it..”

“Nothing can be done, brother. Nothing!! Don't you understand?!”

“But—”

—I can't! I really can't.

“I'm afraid, brother. Day by day, I continue to forget little things, like what your favorite color is. At first, I thought.. it wasn't important. But as I woke up every single day, a piece of me was gone. I'd sleep, then wake up the next day, missing something.”

“Good morning, Lumine. How are you feeling?” said Aether softly.

After the nightmare they both just went through, waking up next to his sister still felt unreal.

At last, they're finally together.
Nothing will separate them ever again.

Fluttering her eyes, Lumine slowly woke up from her deep sleep. Her eyes looked hazy, clouded. The warm, golden light was nowhere to be seen from those orbs.

She opened her mouth, then closed it again, as if she's confused about the situation right now.

“Come on, sister. That's not funny!”
He said jokingly, in hope that she really was just messing up with him.

The answer which came up after that shattered his whole world.

“.. Huh? Who are you?”

White Striped Carnations
—  regret that a love can not be shared.