Knight in Raven Armor

—in which after Benny went missing, an adventure team was dispatched to find him. Fischl ended up finding him alone, and offered a hand to him.

Knight in Raven Armor
- Bennett and Fischl -

It was a beautiful day outside. The birds were singing, flowers were blooming, and Bennett decided that he was going on an adventure that day.

Last time he decided to go on an expedition, he prepared nothing at all. No food, pouch for water, not even a portable pot to cook and boil. He went with only his trusty adventurer's sword and his good luck charm. Needless to say, he came back half alive, but he survived. At least, it wasn't as bad as the trials and tribulations he went through before being blessed with a vision.

This time, he prepared everything he could think of. A pan for frying his specialty egg dish, a leather pouch filled with water to the brim (he double-checked it to make sure the water was still fresh and not some pungent sewer water), emergency rations such as energy bars and canned food, and lastly, his good luck charm. He went an extra mile and got a Teyvat Times news for Mona Magistus's weather forecast. The next few days are going to be sunny, so he certainly won't get into any trouble regarding his expedition.

Before he went out, he asked his dads first for permission, then cleaned every corner of their house. He filled the refrigerator with a variety of fruits and vegetables. For breakfast, lunch, and dinner, he had asked Sara to prepare the meals. After making sure that everything was settled, he grabbed his sword then kissed his dads on the cheek.

Every adventurer must head out to Adventurer's Guild in order to get a permit for their expedition, and to claim a commission while doing so. To go on an expedition, an adventurer must also be accompanied by a team of 4. Bennett, being the not-so-lucky boy, is the sole exception of the rule. Since there were so many rumors of his past team members’ misfortunes, nobody dared to form a team with him. And so, Benny's Adventurer Team was born.

He met people he knew here and there, greeted and talked with them a little, then continued to walk.

“Hey, Bennett! Going on another adventure?” asked a guild member.

“Don't worry guys! I'll come back safe!” laughed Bennett sheepishly then paced himself faster. They were only wishing him safety, they weren't mocking him. Bennett believed in it. He had to. Or else, he wouldn't be able to be an adventurer.

Not many of the members tolerate him, and a handful of them have even harassed him openly. He had learnt to not take things to heart. Besides, something as childish as a sarcastic remark isn't really that bad compared to what he has experienced before. It wasn't as hurtful as that time his ex-party members left him alone.

In front of the guild board, he contemplated on what commission he should pick. There were many quests ranging from D-grades to some A-grades, and also three S-grade quests. S-quests are generally dangerous, hence why those are usually taken and completed by the Traveller. Bennett wasn't that foolish to take an A-grade quest, eliminating both S and A-grades. Most B-quests are of pyro whopperflowers and pyro slimes, instantly crossed out, since they would be immune to his attunement for pyro. That left him with C-grade quests which are usually safe to do alone.

After thinking for some time, he decided to take the "Collect 5 Cecilia Flowers" commission from Flora. It shouldn't be that hard to do. All he has to do is to climb to Starsnatch Cliffs and grab some there. He hasn't gone there but nothing could go wrong, right?

—He shouldn't have jinxed it. It has almost been a whole day ever since he got trapped in a hole after falling down from the cliff. He thought that he had prepared well, but he forgot one thing. The day before, it rained heavily. Rain and a cliff. Why did he think it would be a good idea to climb a slippery cliff? Of course he was going to fall. Not to mention his terribly wonderful luck! And that’s how he ended up trapped in a hole. A hole with nothing but puddles of water and wet dirt, or mud to say it simply. Congratulations, Bennett! Not only did you get trapped, you also drenched yourself. Buy one get one free, just like his misfortunes and more misfortunes. "At least it's not raining, right?" Benny told himself. Oh how he shouldn't have done that, because not long after he said that, he felt it on the tip of his nose. The light droplets of water soon turned into heavy rain with thunderstorms.