Deep Breaths

!! Spoiler Warning !!
A Little Bit of Bennett’s Backstory
(kinda OOC and I don't do 1st person POV often so it's a little weird 😔)

—Aether found Bennett alone while others were celebrating. (Trigger warning : Description of Panic Attack??)

“Thank you.”

Deep Breaths
- Bennett vs His Thoughts -

Everyone was cheering happily while I was thinking about what had happened today. If it wasn't for Aether, we wouldn't have made it out of the fight with only several casualties.

The cryo regisvine was powerful, much more than how it should have been. We were fighting as if our life depended on it, which was true.

Fischl was heavily injured from the sudden blizzard, and our brand new shield broke before we even got to use it. Luckily, Barbara was there to treat her. Aether quickly took grasp of the situation and calmed us all. They managed to defeat the raging regisvine together.

They, well, without me.

Phew.
I should go collect myself first.

“Guys, I need to use the bathroom! Be back in a sec!”

“It's alright, Bennett. You did your best! Haha.. ha...” I clenched the edges of the sink.

Who am I to lie to myself.

“Ugh..”
A tear rolled all the way down. My eyes were burning from holding it back. I blinked a few times in an attempt to make it stop. Truly, I despise having such bad luck.

Drip.

Another fell into the sink.

I shouldn't cry. The Benny they know would always see the bright side of problems. I have to stay strong, but... why is my heart aching so much?

Why?
Why does it have to be now, of all times.

I gripped the sink tighter in hope to release some pent up emotions.

Knock, knock
“Bennett? We're about to start the main part of the celebration. Hurry up!”

Really..?
That timing of yours, Aether.
Quick, I should wash my face before he sees it.

I rubbed my eyes for the last time then straightened up, opening the door.

“Huh? Bennett?”

“A-ah, Aether! I'll catch up with you and the others soon. Need to do some business first, hehe.”

"Okay then. But, Benny? Are you alright?”

He grabbed my arm before I could shut the door.

Why now.
Why do you have to push it now ?

“What do you mean? Of course I'm always great! I am Bennett from Benny's Adventure Team!!” I exclaimed.

Please drop the topic, please, pleas

“.. Your eyes are red, Bennett.”

His golden-yellow eyes were piercing my own, as if he saw through my blatant lies.

“Yeah, that's because I rubbed it too hard. Didn't get enough sleep last night.”