Was It All But a Lie

!! Spoiler Warning !!
Liyue Archon Story

“Then tell me, Zhongli, tell me how to believe in you when I-” Childe paused, “When everything you do to me was all part of your plan?!”

Was It All But a Lie?
- Childe and Zhongli -

He spoke sweet words, sweet words of nothing but emptiness.

Childe should've realized it earlier, that Zhongli doesn't really love him. He was never the type to lower his guard. Yet he was the one fooled by the geo archon, the one he was supposed to betray later on.

Empty and hollow, unlike how it may sound. A breeze through his ears, serenity to his mind.

He trusted Zhongli, and opened up to him. Maybe a part of him wanted to love someone, to be loved by someone. But he chose the wrong person. It was simply a mistake between fate and time, a misunderstanding. He wasn't the one for him, they weren't supposed to meet.

Bitter and sweet, just like first love. His first love which broke his heart, just like the taste of pure dark chocolate.

He thought Zhongli was just a kind man, a man who cherished him for who he really is. Never had he ever has his faith of him shaken, for he believed him, and he needed someone to rely on desperately.

Sweet words but lies, all nothing but a facade. One sided love, and it's all from him.

He has to serve the Tsaritsa as the 11th Harbinger. He has to comply with every task from Her Majesty, the Cryo Archon whether he likes it or not. The future the Tsaritsa desires, the future Snezhnaya desires. He has to make it come true.

A tragic ending for a fatui harbinger. A punishment for his deeds, for the years he spent, drenched in blood.

He was just a tool, not even human. He does not have his own freedom and everywhere he goes, nobody would ever accept him. They all fear him, for he is the “Battle Maniac”. They say he's insane, unhinged. Is it truly his fault for enjoying battles? No, he just wants to feel alive, to feel the thrill of life and death.

Gentle touch and soothing voice, how could he not love the other man? His sweet, alluring voice, he fell deeper into his radiating yellow orbs.

He has become a part of fatui for as long as he remembers. The only emotions he had ever felt were just excitement towards battles or love towards his family. But Zhongli, he made him feel different. That man made his heart beat outside of spars.

A lone narwhal in the deep blue sea. Yearning for a light to ignite the darkness. Flares of red and yellow, orange and vermillion. A blaze of warmth, a flurry of fire.

He should've known earlier.

The lighthouse felt near, but also unreachable. Deeper blue sea, brighter radiance of light.

He should've realized everything.

No matter how far it goes, the light will always guide. No matter how far it goes, the light will always stay.

He got too attached, far too attached.

No matter how far the narwhal tries to reach the lighthouse, it will never be able to. Far too illuminating, far too blinding. The lone narwhal continues to drown and drown, deeper into the endless darkness.

To him, Childe was never a companion, more less a human. He is just a tool, a pawn, a loyal dog of the Archons. All he ever meant was to be used, then thrown away. Just like his love, his affection for him.

A lone narwhal in the deep blue sea. Scorched by a light to ignite the darkness. Flares of red and yellow, orange and vermillion. A blaze of warmth, a ripple of metallic crimson.

Childe has had enough. The man never loved him, it was all just a game of chess. And the worst of it was how his foolishness made him got eaten by the King. He fell right into the trap set by him.

Sweet words but lies, all nothing but a facade. One sided love, and it's all crushed by him.

“Was it all but a lie, Morax?”

THIS IS KINDA OOC BUT I JUST WANT TO MAKE HIM SUFFER CAUSE I WON'T BE ABLE TO GET HIM IN GAME;;

why do you have to be right after Venti, Childe.