CHAPTER 74

Isa helped Nolan out with his Astronomy homework⎼which she still had to do since she completely forgot about it. But as she was teaching him, the girl could feel a pair of eyes staring at her. She turned around and saw Draco looking at her. To say the least, she was confused since Draco was glaring daggers at Nolan. But once he noticed Isa looking at him with a questioning gaze, he quickly tore his eyes off them and pretended to continue writing whatever he was writing. Isa wasn't sure if she was seeing things or not, but she could have sworn Draco's cheeks flushed red a bit.

Isa shook her head. 'Weird.'

"Nolan, hurry up!" Isa whined as she was dragging him towards the Great Hall where the Halloween feast was about to start.

"Calm down, woman!" Nolan hissed, trying to zip his bag up. He didn't have time to zip it up in the library because Isa yanked him and dragged him to the Great Hall. "Why in Merlin's pants are you so strong?"

"Just because I'm a girl I'm supposed to be weak?" Isa asked him with narrowed eyes.

Nolan furrowed his eyebrows at her. "What? No! I mean you're weirdly strong."

"You're just weak," Isa teased.

"No, I am not!" Nolan huffed his chest, making her laugh.

"Hurry up! I'm hungry!"

"When are you not?"

The Great Hall had been decorated with hundreds and hundreds of candle-filled pumpkins, a cloud of fluttering live bats, and many flaming orange streamers, which were swimming lazily across the stormy ceiling like watersnakes.

The food was delicious. Isa helped herself to two platefuls of food⎼not forgetting to offer some up. But throughout the feast, she kept glancing at the staff table. Professor Lupin looked cheerful and as well as he ever did; he was talking animatedly to tiny little Professor Flitwick, the Charms teacher. Isa moved his eyes along the table, to the place where Snape sat.

'Am I imagining it or were Snape's eyes flickering toward Lupin more often than was natural?' Isa wondered. 'Maybe Snape had a history for werewolves?'

After thinking about it, Isa put together that Professor Lupin was a magical monster and not a Greek one. The first werewolf was Lycaon, but Zeus killed all his children from anger, except for one, but that kid is also dead. The only werewolf that Isa knew existed was Lycaon unless he had more kids that Zeus didn't kill. Isa highly doubted that because based on her knowledge of Greek mythology, Lycaon is a literal wolf-man. He's not those werewolves who turn every full moon. Professor Lupin did not look remotely close to a wolf-man, so Isa decided he's a magical werewolf.

The feast finished with entertainment provided by the Hogwarts ghosts. They popped out of the walls and tables to do a bit of formation gliding; Nearly Headless Nick, the Gryffindor ghost, had great success with a reenactment of his own botched beheading.

It had been such a pleasant evening that Isa's good mood couldn't even be spoiled by Draco, who shouted at Harry through the crowd as they all left the hall, "The dementors send their love, Potter!"

Isa and Nolan followed the rest of the Hufflepuffs down to the basement, but the two friends weren't planning on sleeping anytime soon.

"You still have to do your Astronomy homework," Nolan reminded her.

"Can't I just use yours, and you write a new one?" Isa suggested with a smile.

Nolan scoffed. "No."