CHAPTER 71

The next morning Isa wasn't really in her best mood. She kept thinking about her previous dream of Sirius Black, the dementor, and the dog. It didn't make sense to her, and the following days, she just kept having the exact same dream. It was as if someone was trying to warn her about something, but she didn't know what.

On top of all that, Isa was positive that the story of her and Harry fainting spread around the whole school, and it only added to her bad mood because the story they were telling wasn't entirely true.

When Nolan and Isa entered the Great Hall for breakfast the next day, the first thing they saw was Draco, who seemed to be entertaining a large group of Slytherins with a very funny story. As they passed, Draco did a ridiculous impression of a swooning fit and there was a roar of laughter.

Isa was able to ignore them even with Pansy Parkinson's taunts. "Look! It's Pathetic Potter! Behind you! The dementors are coming. Woooooo!"

Or maybe not... "You know it's such a shame that everyone here besides yourself has to see your face 24/7?"

Draco was about to scold Pansy for her retort at Isa, but when he heard the girl fire back, he looked at her curiously.

"And why's that?" Pansy hissed.

"Simple." Isa shrugged. "We all have to look at you. It's such punishment, take my word for it."

"And you think you're so cool with your dyed hair?" Pansy fired back. "Dying your hair red to look like mummy dearest? How is she by the way?"

"Pansy!" Draco growled.

"No, Draco! Just look at her. Trying to impress mummy, are you? Trying to make her proud. Well, you aren't."

"And how would you know that?" Isa seethed. "You know nothing about my mom!"

"You don't as well," Pansy told her with a smirk. "She died when you were only what? A wee little baby, Potter."

"Stop talking about my mom that way, Parkinson," Isa warned her.

"You know what they say right?" Pansy asked. "Like mother, like daughter. She couldn't even stand up against the You-Know-Who. She must've passed those traits onto you!"

Isa wanted to punch Pansy square in the nose but was interrupted by a monotonous voice. "Is there a problem over here?"

Isa turned around and was met by the cold gaze of the greasy-haired Professor.

"She insulted me!" Pansy shrieked, pointing a finger at Isa, and pretended to cry.

"I won't admit that I didn't, but you asked for it!" Isa said honestly. "At least unlike you who is whimpering away like a coward. Are you that scared to get detention?"

"Potter!" Snape exclaimed. "Fifty points from Hufflepuff and detention in my office. Tonight!"

"Professor!" Isa said.

"No buts⎼"

"Is there something going on here?" Professor Lupin appeared right behind Snape. Snape whipped around with his wand clutched tightly in his fist as his cold gaze turned into pure hatred.

"Lupin," Snape spat. "Potter over here insulted Parkinson."

Professor Lupin raised an eyebrow at Isa, and asked in a collected tone, "Is this true, Isa?"

"Yes, but⎼"

"There you have it," Snape interrupted.

"Parkinson did it first. She was asking for it!" Isa bumped in him, ignoring his gaze, and looking at the level-headed professor.