OO1. 𝐓𝐇𝐒 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐃𝐀𝐃𝐀 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐅𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐎𝐑

𝐎 𝐍 𝐄

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

ELODIE ASHCOMBE WAS HAVING A RATHER HORRID DAY. It was as if the fates had conspired against her this morning; she'd overslept, not even waking up when her cat Bathilda crawled all over her bed. Then she missed breakfast and was late to almost every class.

It had now been a long since that class ended. She was now heading to defense against the dark arts—her last course of the day.

They had a new teacher. It was not a shock to her. They'd never had a DADA professor that stayed too long. He was a curious man, Professor lupin. He seemed very quiet. He definitely didn't like the attention he got from the headmaster's introduction.

It was something she could relate to. In truth, she usually tended to fade into the background.

Most don't remember her name. In fact most won't remember her name. She's not famous or popular like the famous 'Harry Potter'. She doesn't have many people who wish to get to know her.

She won't be a quidditch star or head girl. And she'll probably never have an important place in wizarding history.

She's just a simple girl who, six years ago, found out she was magic that she could make things happen that seemed ultimately impossible. A muggle-born girl who lost her parents in a terrible accident.

A girl who now lived with her older sister, Ramona, who was still confused by Hogwarts. But that's another story for another time.

She's suddenly brought out of her thoughts by a muffled female voice.

"Huh?" She asks in confusion.

"Always lost in the clouds as ever, huh, el?" Her attention shifts towards the voice, seeing her best friend. Penelope Solaris. She continues, "Where were you? You almost missed transfiguration this morning."

Elodie sighed; Penelope had no idea. "You would not believe the morning I was having." They continue their way to the DADA classroom as she tells the events of her horrible morning.

They finally make it to the classroom to see a group of students waiting at the door. She hears a few whispers. Students were starting to lose their patience.

It was understandable. It was the first day of class, the second to last lesson of the day. All students were already tired from everything that came with the chaos of a new school year. "This year was supposed to be different," complained Penelope.

Elodie finds it lucky that DADA was one of the rare classes she and Penelope shared. But, it seemed that every year, the teacher of this topic decided to ruin this special occasion.

"Do you think he's already going to break the record?" A voice behind her asked. She turns to see George Weasley.

"What are you talking about?'' She questions Him, hugging her books against her chest.

"Well, we all know that this position is..." Fred adds before pausing for a moment. "How to say it nicely? Cursed?"

Elodie rolled her eyes, understanding where they were going. The new expression on Penelope's face confirmed Elodie's realization.