O28. 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐋𝐄𝐅𝐓 𝐔𝐍𝐒𝐀𝐈𝐃. . .𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐀 𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐍

𝐓 𝐖 𝐄 𝐍 𝐓 𝐘 - 𝐄 𝐈 𝐆 𝐇 𝐓

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

SNAPE COLLIDED WITH REMUS, ELODIE, PETTIGREW AND RON, who had stopped abruptly. Sirius froze, instantly he flung out an arm to make Harry and Hermione stop.

Suddenly Elodie knew what was happening. Remembering the wolfsbane potion. As she thought, Remus hadn't taken his Potion- he's going to become a lethal werewolf!

Remus had gone rigid. Then his limbs began to shake.

"Oh, my- " Hermione gasped, indicating her realization. "He didn't take his Potion tonight! He's not safe!" Voicing what they were all probably thinking.

"Run," Sirius whispered. "Run! Now!"

Instead of doing as Sirius commanded, Harry leapt forward, and Sirius saw that his eyes were concentrating on his friend, chained to Remus, and Sirius then understood.

"Leave it to me, RUN!"

Elodie was frozen as the scene unfolded in front of her. There was a terrible snarling noise. Remus' head was lengthening. So was his body. His shoulders were hunching. Hair was sprouting visibly on his face and hands, which were curling into clawed paws. Crookshanks' fur was on end again, he was backing away.

As the werewolf reared, Sirius transformed immediately, leaping forward. As Remus wrenched himself free of the manacle binding it, Sirius grabbed Remus by the neck, and pulled him away from Ron and Pettigrew. Elodie's breath begins to get faster. Remus didn't like it, and kept clawing at Sirius, and Sirius retaliated, at the moment, his only thought was to contain him.

Suddenly, Hermione screamed, in the growing distance. Sirius didn't have time to spare a thought for what was happening back there.

Both Remus and Sirius had managed to gain a few wounds, but Sirius' were more bloody, more painful.

There was a howl, and Remus took flight. As he headed towards the howl, he was distracted by noticing Elodie's presence. He moved over to where she was. He slowly stalked towards her. Her rapid breath then begins to calm down, even out. Remus envelopes her, wrapping its arms around her. Their foreheads touch for a single moment.

Suddenly Remus picked her up. "Whoa- whoa!" Elodie shrieked before Moony went galloping towards the Forest. Sirius watches the moment in pure confusion. Before he can think about what just happened deeper. He heard Harry's yell, "Sirius, he's gone, Pettigrew transformed!"

------------------------

Meanwhile, now Elodie and Remus were alone. Well at least she and the wolf were. For a long moment, she and the wolf are frozen. Neither of them break eye contact. Before the wolf slowly goes down on all fours. He walks forward, warily, Elodie takes a step back. He continues to slowly move towards Elodie. She continues to step back. She then suddenly hears a rough voice say.

Mate. Calm.

She instantly freezes up, thinking. Who was that? Remus? She was about to lose herself in her thoughts, when the voice repeated.

No. Mate. Calm.

She decides to go with her hunch by asking, "R- remus is that you?" She says shakily, but gets no response. It's official, Elodie, you've officially been driven barking mad by this mate bond. As soon as that thought pops in her head. The wolf nuzzles her face. That's when she hears more clearly.