OO3. 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐌

𝐓 𝐇 𝐑 𝐄 𝐄

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

FOR ELODIE, THE REST OF THE WEEK WAS UNEVENTFUL. Fellow Gryffindors persisted in asking if she was ok. Even the famous Harry Potter. Which was quite an odd encounter. Leading her to think. How many people knew of this incident?

She didn't tend to dwell on it. To not embarrass herself further. Tensions between her and Professor Lupin were slowly rising. It was confusing to her. What had happened that day? All she can really remember is that one moment he was looking in her eyes.

Suddenly, she felt at ease. She felt calm. Like it was only them... But then he was gone. The pain of those memories suddenly came rushing back.

Bloody hell... Do I have a... crush on Professor Lupin?

She has to find a way to confront him. She doesn't know what was really going on. But he obviously does. But seeing as he's her professor, it was going to be a hard task to get him alone.

"Elodie." Someone calls her name. But as she was too caught up in her thoughts, she wasn't listening.

"El!" The person whispers yells her name once more before they snap her fingers in her face.

"What? huh -" She looks over to see Penelope giving her a worried look. "Are you okay?" Pen asked. She sighs. Can't we just forget it already? "Let's not talk about it..." I asked, trying to focus on getting food.

"Are you sure?" she asked, raising her eyebrows, "You realize you've been spaced out for twenty minutes now... we have only 10 minutes left before Defense against the Dark Arts class starts and that we need about five minutes just to get there?"

She instantly tenses.

"Uh, right, so I guess now would be a good time to speed-eat?" She says, hurried and jokingly.

"Probably," Pen said, looking rather worried, "Look- El, are you sure you're up for this..." She trails off. "Maybe you can go to the hospital wing and sit this one out."

"No." Elodie replies instantly. Maybe too quickly. But she would have to face him one way or another.

Penelope looks at her suspiciously. "If you're sure-'' Elodie cuts her off. "I'm sure." She replies hurriedly as she chews her way through lunch. She was definitely not ready to see him again. Her eyes then slowly wandered across the teachers table and spotted her DADA professor chatting with Professor Flitwick.

She quickly looked away before she started staring. Or before they would lock eyes.

"Come on, El, let's go!"

"Someones eager," Elodie commented, raising an eyebrow as she stood up hurried from her seat. She began playing with her shoulder-length light brown hair, an act she had long learned to associate with nervousness.

Pen shrugged, "Well, it's been a while since we've had a decent DADA teacher, hasn't it? What with that Lockhart disaster" - we both shivered at the mention of the name - "and that stuttering fool before him, don't you fancy a real DADA class for a change?"

"Point taken," she said, nodding in agreement as they continued down the hall. Despite her current dread for the class. Lupin was a decent teacher. She had to give him that.

She smirks. "Though, weren't you the one who fancied Lockhart?" Still disgusted at her friends choice in crushes.

Pen sighs. "Yes. But that doesn't mean he was a good teacher." Her best friend then smirks, bumping their shoulders together playfully. "Besides, from what I saw last class, it looks like I'm not the only one with the hots for a teacher."

She tenses once more, hurrying her steps. "What? No, I don't."

"Who has the hots for a teacher?" Two familiar male voices ask. She groans while Penelope elaborates. "Oh, you know how El totally has a crush on our Dada Professor after he helped her with the boggart."

Fred and George snicker. "Are you done?" Elodie asks annoyedly.

"Yep," She said, emphasising the 'P'. "Well, let's go see what horrors Lupin has in store for us, shall we?"

As they made their way out of the hall, Elodie could not help but feel dread of going to the class, something she hasn't felt since starting new subjects in the third year.

When Elodie, Penelope, Fred, and George arrived. Most students were already seated. Wow... we actually have seats this time. But the Professor was nowhere to be seen.

Elodie quickly begins to make her way to the back of the classroom, in favor of not being seen by Professor Lupin. Like she's been doing the whole week. Only to find Pen grabbing her hand rather roughly and dragging her into the middle row.

"What?" She hissed, rubbing my arm where she had grabbed it.

She didn't reply, but she quickly shoved me into the middle row, and not the last. "Penelope, what's your problem?" She whispered, annoyed to her best friend. "What's going on with you?"

She was instantly frozen because she wasn't quite ready to tell Penelope about the situation. "I don't know w-what you're talking about..." Before Penelope had continued, a voice interrupted her.

"Good morning, Class," Professor Lupin said pleasantly, smiling at the class, obviously avoiding eye contact with her. She sighs as he makes his way to his desk. This was going to be the longest class ever...