Chapter 4: Unearthing mysteries

Akiri: What was it that Touma always say? Oh yeah... Such misfortune...

Today has been an unusual day for the raven-haired boy, as he has been met with many kinds of bad luck time after time.

In the morning, his alarm didn't ring for some reason and didn't wake him up, resulting in him being late for school.

While rushing his way to school, he accidentally stepped on a cat's excrement.

In PE class in school, he accidentally found himself in the girls changing room, earning him a red handprint on his face.

During lunch, he dropped his tray filled with food by accident.

Deciding that he had enough misfortune for the day, he decided to walk back home and spend the rest of his day indoors.

As he was walking, he felt that his throat is dry and he is craving to drink some water.

Akiri: (thoughts) Could really use a drink right now

Looking around, he noticed a bright red vending machine in a park across the street.

Akiri: (thoughts) Hey, look at that. Something is finally going my way

He then went towards it. Once in front of the machine, he pulled out his wallet and took out his credit card. He went to put it in the card slot, but he noticed that there was a slight problem. There is no card slot.

Akiri: (thoughts) It doesn't take credit cards? Must be an older model

Groaning, he puts his credit card back in and he saw that there is only a single 10,000 yen note inside. He kept searching for any loose change, but remembered he barely uses physical money, as online transactions are much more convenient.

Akiri: (thoughts) Let's hope this machine accepts it...

He puts the 10,000 yen note into the slot, chose his desired drink and... Nothing.

Akiri: Uh oh...

He tried pushing the button again, and again, but nothing happens.

Akiri: Okay, don't panic. Just push the button so that I could get the money back

He pushes the button, but once again, nothing.

Akiri: Oh, great. What is it with today? Did I suddenly get Touma's bad luck curse or something?

He hits the machine several times to try to get it working, but it didn't work.

Akiri: Gimme the drink, damn it! This day couldn't possibly get any worse!

???: It's you!

He heard a familiar female voice shouting from behind him.

Akiri: Spoke too soon...