Chapter 6

Leo sighs. "Okay, the fact that this will be the second creepiest stunt you've pulled this week says a lot."

"Relax." Donatello draws another line. "If she has a map of the foreseeable future and showed it to me, it obviously makes sense that I should answer in kind."

"But," Raphael points out, "this is the most desperate thing he's done this week."

"Zip it." He caps his pen, holding his diagram up and walking off to his newly obtained whiteboard. "Besides, it's not a comprehensive flow chart—attempting to list every possible conversation thread would be futile. It's simply a visual aid to remember the general actions I should take in any given situation." Although you have been promising to "teach him a thing or two" about plot structure one on one, a part of him thinks it appropriate to make the first move. It appears to be the gallant thing to do, anyhow.

Mikey hops over the table, following one of the paths with his finger. "How come you have a shark on this one?"

"Oh," he nods, "that's in case she decides to go to the beach and gets attacked by a shark."

"And why are there these Xs on this one?"

"That signifies the end of one of our lives."

"And the heart?"

He blushes. "I'm not answering that."

Raph shudders. "Man, this just feels gross. I can already feel the secondhand disgust."

"Raphael," Donatello sighs, "love is a complex enigma that, if not thoroughly considered and tailored, will crumble before your very eyes. I cannot and will not destroy what little relationship we have by being reckless. Besides," he scoffs, "in what other possible manner could I ask her out?"

"Hey, Y/N," Leo offers, "let's hang out."

"See, that's too pedestrian." He gestures to the poster. "Trust in the—"

You slam through the door. Donnie, apparently panicked, flips the board over with fumbling hands. "H-hey, Y/N. Hey." He stands up properly, clearing his throat. "Hey."

You point at him. "How do you feel about busting a corrupt disgrace to the title of scientist?"

"Good!" He peaks at his board, trying to steal himself. "Where are we headed?"

"A neuroscientist by the name of Rockwell got mutated." You start heading out. "Asshole in question is Victor Falco, AKA Feral Falco, AKA The Rat King if we don't haul ass. He's at Rockwell's lab."

"Awesome. Let's go." He runs after you, shooting a thumbs-up back at his brothers.

You are going to murder a man tonight. Probably. Hopefully not. Depends on how hard it is to wreck his shit. You have been stalking the Channel 6 news for about a week now, waiting for the jackass to show up, and now that he has? You are not about to let him become the monster you knew he could and would become.

"So," Donnie startles you, lost in thought, "how was your first day of class?"

"It was fine. Met Cassey, avoided Irma like the plague, all that jazz." You turn a right.

"Cassey?"

"Cassey Jones. Hockey player, real bad at math."

"A guy?" He seems interested in this subject for some reason.

"Yup." You reach into your bag, wrapping your fingers around your kitchen knife, hands already shaking. If you must kill him, you will make it quick. "My age."

"Oh." He sighed. "That's... nice."

'Can I just take him to the police? I don't have any evidence. This is breaking and entering.'