I Fell In Love With Him While He Was In A Coma (Chapter28)

Jayleen's POV

"How are you feeling, Jayleen?" The doctor asked me gently.

It doesn't matter how I feel right now! I wanted to shout at him. 

"How is my son?! The nurse took him from me right after a second of holding him!" I cried, and felt my eyes filling with tears. He nodded and frowned.

"Tell me what's wrong with him, doctor" I demanded, wiping the tears with the back of my hand; feeling utterly alone.

"Your son has respiratory distress syndrome. Which means–––"

I held a hand up to him. After a few seconds I responded.

"I know what it is. I'm a nurse" I whispered and wiped my tears as they kept coming.

"How long does he have to be in the incubator?" I asked after a second.

The doctor stayed with me explaining me what was going to happen.  I just felt my heart being torn apart. I've held my child once and I loved him so much already.  He was beautiful.

The tears couldn't stop flowing even though I knew baby Ayden was going to be okay. I was still worried about him. I've only seen him once since he was born and I couldn't see him until I was ready to move around more.

He left me in my room and I couldn't think about anything else. I touched my flat stomach and winced. How can I be so stupid and fall! I put my son in grave danger because of it.

I should have been more careful! I would have been cradling my belly right now. It's almost one in the morning and I couldn't sleep. I desperate wanted to see my son.

I know he's beautiful. He had my light brown hair but I know his eyes were light. I was happy he was going to take after his daddy's eyes. He didn't cry which got me scared.

I needed him in my arms. He needed his mom! I couldn't believe it was actually true.

I am a mom now. A mom to a blessed child. A child I already loved so much. Now I know that mother love is the biggest thing you can have.

"Hey Jayleen..." I turned and saw Kyler standing at the end of the bed.

"Hi Ky. You should go home now. Nothing is going to happen now" I whispered and my tears flowed out again.

"I'm going to be here for you, Jay. And your baby. Our baby if you want" he whispered and kissed my hand. I shook my head and frowned.

"You can be uncle Kyler, to him. I need you to realize I don't want anything more, Kyler" I whispered and he frowned.

He opened his mouth to tell me something, but I silenced him shaking my head. I didn't want to have this conversation with him. I just want my son.